Nathan provides legal counsel and tax advice for domestic and international transactions involving business assets and aircraft, including structuring, planning and drafting deals. He has been practicing in the area of multistate taxation since 1996. He counsels business clients in all areas of state and local taxes, including controversies, administrative proceedings, audits, appeals, litigation, and planning. Nathan has presented before numerous industry and professional organizations on various state and local taxation matters.
Prior to joining Taft, Nathan was the Indiana practice leader for Multistate Taxes at a national consulting firm. He also managed the tax function of a Fortune 500 insurance company headquartered in Indiana for more than four years.
Nathan earned his J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School and his Bachelor of Arts degree from Purdue University.
All Service Areas
- University of Michigan Law School (1996)
- Purdue University (B.A.) (1993)
- State - Indiana
- State - Michigan
- American Bar Association Member
- Indiana State Bar Association Taxation Section Council Member
- Michigan State Bar Association Member
- Indiana Chamber of Commerce Tax Policy Committee Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association Tax Section Executive Committee Member