Nathan has been practicing in the area of multistate taxation since 1996. He counsels business clients in all areas of state and local taxes, including controversies, administrative proceedings, audits, appeals, litigation, and planning. Nathan helps companies understand national, state and local, and international tax structures and align the tax function with business objectives.
Nathan has presented before numerous industry and professional organizations on various state and local taxation matters.
Nathan's experience includes both the practice of law and public accounting. Prior to joining Taft, he was the Indiana practice leader for Multistate Taxes at a national consulting firm, where he counseled business clients in state and local tax controversies, administrative proceedings, audits, appeals, litigation, provisions, planning and restructures. He also managed the tax function of a Fortune 500 insurance company headquartered in Indiana for more than four years.
Nathan earned his J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School and his Bachelor of Arts degree from Purdue University.
All Service Areas
- University of Michigan Law School (1996)
- Purdue University (B.A.) (1993)
- State - Indiana
- State - Michigan
- American Bar Association Member
- Indiana State Bar Association Taxation Section Council Member
- Michigan State Bar Association Member
- Indiana Chamber of Commerce Tax Policy Committee Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association Tax Section Executive Committee Member