Milton is a partner in our Tax practice group. He counsels individuals and businesses in federal, state, and local tax matters. He advises clients on planning and structuring transactions, including acquisitions, Section 1031 like-kind exchanges, restructurings, and dispositions. His breadth of expertise includes advising on state income tax, franchise tax, and sales and use tax matters. He also works closely with attorneys in our Real Estate and Mergers and Acquisitions practice groups to structure creative, comprehensive tax solutions to our clients’ wide-ranging business needs.
All Service Areas
- New York University School of Law
LL.M. in Taxation
- Northwestern University School of Law
- University of Michigan
B.B.A. with high distinction
- State - Michigan
- State - Illinois
- Represented clients in dozens of Section 1031 like-kind exchanges, both forward and reverse 1031 exchanges, involving various, complex partnership tax and other issues.
- Represented clients in appealing state and local income tax and sales and use tax assessments.
- Represented businesses and owners in structuring transactions for the most business effective solutions and to minimize federal, state and local taxes.
Speeches and Publications
- “The Michigan Business Tax, Foreclosures and Personal Liability,” 37 Michigan Real Property Review 78 (2010)
- State Bar of Michigan
Member, Section of Taxation
- American Bar Association Section of Taxation
- Illinois Bar Association