Mike is an associate in Taft’s Intellectual Property practice group, where he prepares patents and trademarks for a variety of local and national clients. He focuses his practice on obtaining patents in agricultural/industrial machinery, medical device and other mechanical technology areas.
In addition to traditional patent prosecution work, Mike provides patent validity and infringement opinions to clients, as well as advice on how to leverage clients’ existing intellectual property. Mike is also a member Taft’s Intellectual Property Litigation group and has experience in patent litigation, trademark litigation and agency proceedings.
With a bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering from Purdue University and professional experience as a field engineer with Baker Hughes Oil and Gas, Mike brings a wealth of knowledge to Taft. Prior to joining Taft, he was an attorney at a national business law firm in Indianapolis, where he helped clients in matters involving U.S. patent law, international Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) applications, and foreign patent applications.
All Service Areas
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law - Bloomington (2018)
- Purdue University (B.S., biomedical engineering) (2014)
- State - Indiana
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- Federal - United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law
Intellectual Property Association, former director of alumni relations
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- American Lung Association of Indiana
Member, Executive Leadership Team, Fight for Air Climb
- United Way of Central Indiana
- Horizon House