Mike is an associate in Taft’s Intellectual Property practice group. As a registered patent attorney, Mike focuses his practice on patent preparation and prosecution. This includes working diligently with inventors to draft patent applications and effectively with patent examiners to obtain issued patents.
With a bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering from Purdue University and professional experience as a field engineer in the oil and gas industry, Mike brings a wealth of knowledge to Taft in biomedical, mechanical, and aerospace technologies. In particular, he has extensive experience in preparing and prosecuting patents related to orthopedic prosthetic instruments and devices.
Prior to joining Taft, Mike was an associate at a national business law firm in Indianapolis. As an associate, he helped clients in matters involving U.S. patent law and international Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) applications and foreign patent applications.
All Service Areas
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law - Bloomington (2018)
- Purdue University (B.S., biomedical engineering) (2014)
- State - Indiana
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law
Intellectual Property Association, former director of alumni relations
- United Way of Central Indiana
- Horizon House