Mike is an experienced associate in Taft’s Intellectual Property practice group, and he prepares patents and trademarks for a variety of local and national clients. Mike focuses his practice on obtaining patents in agricultural/industrial machinery, medical device, and other mechanical technology areas. He also has experience providing patent validity and infringement opinions to clients, as well as advice on how to leverage clients’ existing intellectual property.
With a bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering from Purdue University and professional experience as a field engineer with Baker Hughes Oil and Gas, Mike brings a wealth of knowledge to Taft, especially with mechanical and technology-based patent work.
Prior to joining Taft, Mike was an attorney at a national business law firm in Indianapolis, where he helped clients in matters involving U.S. patent law, international Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) applications, and foreign patent applications.
All Service Areas
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law - Bloomington (2018)
- Purdue University (B.S., biomedical engineering) (2014)
- State - Indiana
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law
Intellectual Property Association, former director of alumni relations
- United Way of Central Indiana
- Horizon House