Mike has represented companies in nation-wide class actions, including matters related to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, consumer issues, employment issues and insurance rates. In addition, he has experience in disputes related to technology issues, such as IT architecture, intellectual property, social media and cybersecurity issues. He also represents businesses and individuals in lawsuits related to contract disputes, mergers and acquisitions disputes, noncompete agreements and restrictive covenants, business valuation disputes, UCC issues and commercial leases. Along with Ohio state and federal trial courts, Mike has represented clients before Ohio appellate courts, the Ohio Supreme Court, the United States Court of Federal Claims, and the United States Courts of Appeals for the Sixth and Federal Circuits.
Before joining Taft, Mike served as a law clerk for the Honorable David D. Dowd, Jr., a Senior District Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania and his law degree from Case Western Reserve University, graduating magna cum laude and Order of the Coif. He is recognized as a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers for Business Litigation.
All Service Areas
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (2004)
- University of Pennsylvania (2000)
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- Federal - Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- State - Ohio
- Federal Bar Association (Member)
- John M. Manos Inn of Court (Member)
- Ohio State Bar Association (Member)