Manny is an experienced litigator who routinely represents individuals, companies, municipalities and school corporations in state and federal courts in general commercial matters, including business and contract disputes, injunctive relief, construction disputes, creditor’s rights and collections, agricultural contract disputes and director and officer liability issues. He is experienced in probate litigation, personal injury suits and administrative proceedings, including judicial review of agency decisions.
Manny also focuses his practice on all matters facing municipalities, governmental units and school corporations. He takes a practical and focused approach to municipal representation, with experience in real estate matters, service contract negotiations, employee discipline and discharge, vendor contract negotiation, procurement, access to public records and open door law issues. In addition, Manny represents private and charter schools on formation, dissolution and compliance matters.
Manny graduated from Indiana University - Bloomington and received his law degree from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law. While in law school, Manny served as an editor of the Indiana International & Comparative Law Review and was a civil procedure fellow and individual tutor for the Dean's Tutorial Society. Manny also served as a research assistant to professor Michael J. Pitts and as a clerk for the Honorable James S. Kirsch of the Indiana Court of Appeals. He has been selected as an Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Star and is a graduate of the Indianapolis Bar Association’s Bar Leader Series program. Manny currently serves as an at-large member of the Indianapolis Bar Association Board of Directors, and he further serves the Indianapolis Bar Association as a bar review lecturer for Administrative Law and as a member of the Bar Leader Series Steering Committee. Manny previously served as chair of the Indianapolis Bar Association’s Pro Bono Standing Committee.
Manny is a member of the board of directors for St. Mary’s Child Center and is a volunteer and speaker for programs that focus on advancing opportunities for underserved youth in Indianapolis and access to justice issues.
Manny is a frequent presenter on issues affecting schools, municipalities and businesses and writes on a variety of topics.
Recognized as "Rising Star" by Indiana Super Lawyers
Finalist in the Law Category for Indy's Best & Brightest Awards, 2017
All Service Areas
- Indiana University - Robert H. McKinney School of Law (2011)
- Indiana University
- State - Indiana
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- Federal - Northern District of Illinois
- Federal - U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Southern District of Indiana
- Federal - U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Eastern District of Kentucky (pro hac vice)
- Federal - District of Nevada (pro hac vice)
Speeches and Publications
- Co-author, "Survey of Indiana Administrative Law," 50 Ind. L. Rev. 1115 (2017)
- Author, “An Ode to the Phone Call,” TYL Monthly – ABA Publication (July 20, 2017)
- Co-author, "Survey of Indiana Administrative Law," 49 Ind. L. Rev. 929 (2016)
- Editorial Advisory Board, "Indiana School Laws and Rules," 2014-2015, 2015-2016 & 2016-2017, West Publishing
- Author, “Millennials Unite: Join Up and #SHOWUP for Yourself and Your Community,” The Indiana Lawyer
- Author, "Commonly Asked Questions Guide for Volunteer Attorneys," Indianapolis Bar Association/Foundation-Editor of “School Law” section (2014-2015, 2015-2016)
- Practice Advisories: "Changes to Indiana’s Anti-Bullying Law – An Insight Into the Exceptions" and "Expunged Record Disclosure and the Effect on Hiring and Operations"
- Quoted in Indianapolis Star article, "Free Legal Advice Offered at Ask a Lawyer Event," (Sept. 30, 2015)
- “Social Media’s Impact on the Ethics of our Changing Practice,” American Inn of Court, November 17, 2016
- “Social Media and Its Effect on Education”, Indiana Council of Administrators of Special Education – October 2, 2014
- “Significant Pre-Employment Considerations Impacting Public Schools: The New Law on Criminal Record Expungement; Updating Application Forms; Criminal History Responsibilities; and Drug Testing” – December 13, 2013
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law , Panel speaker at student orientation – numerous
- Naturalization Ceremony Speaker, Indianapolis – (2012 (April and October), 2013 (August), 2015 (June)
- Indianapolis Bar Association (At-Large Member, Board of Directors; Former Chair, Pro Bono Standing Committee; Bar Leader Series Steering Committee; Bar Review Lecturer-Administrative Law)
- Indiana State Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member, Litigation Section)
- Indiana Municipal Lawyers Association (Member)
- Indianapolis American Inn of Court (Associate)
- Indianapolis Bar Association - Bar Leader Series XII (Graduate )
- St. Mary’s Child Center (Board of Directors; Member, Emerging Leaders Committee, Spring Soiree Committee-Former Co-Chair of Items Subcommittee 2014-present)
- Storytelling Arts of Indiana (Past Member, Board of Directors)
- Lockerbie Square People Club (Member)
- Dream Alive (Volunteer)
- Stanley K. Lacy Leadership Series (Participant, Class XLII)