Manny is an experienced litigator and municipal lawyer who employs a client-focused and practical approach to all legal issues.
He routinely represents companies and municipalities in state and federal courts across the country in general commercial matters, including business and contract disputes, injunctive relief, trade secret and fraud claims, trademark disputes, construction disputes, creditor’s rights and collections, EB-5 fraud claims, agricultural contract disputes, and director and officer liability issues. Manny also acts as co-national litigation counsel for a large RV manufacturer. In that role, Manny leads and manages litigation related to warranty, contractual, and consumer protection claims across the nation. He also advises on issues that help move the business forward and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
Manny takes a practical and focused approach to municipal representation, with experience advising towns, cities, counties, townships, and commissions on a variety of matters, including: real estate issues, eminent domain, service contract negotiations, employee discipline and discharge, vendor contract negotiation, and access to public records and open door law issues. In addition, Manny has experience and expertise advising on state and local procurement issues, and challenging procurement determinations.
Manny is proud to stand with dozens of Indiana municipalities in federal court in national multi-district litigation to address the opioid crisis. In Re: National Prescription Opiate Litigation, Case No. 1:17-md-02804-DAP.
Manny graduated from Indiana University - Bloomington and received his law degree from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law. While in law school, Manny served as an editor of the Indiana International & Comparative Law Review and was a civil procedure fellow and individual tutor for the Dean's Tutorial Society. Manny also served as a clerk in the Indiana Court of Appeals. He has been selected as an Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Star and is a graduate of the Stanley K. Lacy Executive Leadership Series, as well as the Indianapolis Bar Association’s Bar Leader Series programs. Manny currently serves the Indianapolis Bar Association as a Vice President of the Board of Directors and as a bar review lecturer for Administrative Law. Manny previously served as chair of the Indianapolis Bar Association’s Pro Bono Standing Committee and as a member of the Nominating Committee.
Manny is a frequent presenter on issues affecting municipalities and businesses and writes on a variety of topics.
Manny calls downtown Indianapolis home and works to contribute to its betterment, focusing on creating opportunities for at-risk youth, and seeing Indianapolis continue to grow and transform. To that end, Manny is a member of the board of directors for St. Mary’s Child Center and is a volunteer and speaker for programs that focus on advancing opportunities for underserved youth in the city.
Honoree, Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Stars
Finalist, Indy's Best & Brightest Awards, Law Category (2017)
Distinguished Fellow, Indianapolis Bar Foundation
All Service Areas
- Indiana University - Robert H. McKinney School of Law
- Indiana University
- State - Indiana
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- Federal - Northern District of Illinois
- Federal - U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Southern District of Indiana
- Federal - U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Eastern District of Kentucky (pro hac vice)
- Federal - District of Nevada (pro hac vice)
Speeches and Publications
- Co-author, "Survey of Indiana Administrative Law," 51 Ind. L. Rev. 895 (2018)
- Co-author, "Survey of Indiana Administrative Law," 50 Ind. L. Rev. 1115 (2017)
- Author, “An Ode to the Phone Call,” TYL Monthly – ABA Publication (July 20, 2017)
- Co-author, "Survey of Indiana Administrative Law," 49 Ind. L. Rev. 929 (2016)
- Editorial Advisory Board, "Indiana School Laws and Rules," 2014-2015, 2015-2016 & 2016-2017, West Publishing
- Author, “Millennials Unite: Join Up and #SHOWUP for Yourself and Your Community,” The Indiana Lawyer
- Author, "Commonly Asked Questions Guide for Volunteer Attorneys," Indianapolis Bar Association/Foundation-Editor of “School Law” section (2014-2015, 2015-2016)
- Practice Advisories: "Changes to Indiana’s Anti-Bullying Law – An Insight Into the Exceptions" and "Expunged Record Disclosure and the Effect on Hiring and Operations"
- Quoted in Indianapolis Star article, "Free Legal Advice Offered at Ask a Lawyer Event," (Sept. 30, 2015)
- "Ordinances and Resolutions," Co-presenter, AIM, Indiana League of Municipal Clerks and Treasurers - 23rd Annual ILMCT Institute & Academy, March 12, 2018
- "Tact and Professionalism in the Public Sector Workplace," Panelist, AIM, Indiana League of Municipal Clerks and Treasurers - 23rd Annual ILMCT Institute & Academy, March 12, 2018
- "Access to Public Records – Emails, Tweets, and More," Indiana Mayors Assistants Association, Feb. 23, 2018
- “Social Media’s Impact on the Ethics of our Changing Practice,” American Inn of Court, November 17, 2016
- “Social Media and Its Effect on Education”, Indiana Council of Administrators of Special Education – October 2, 2014
- “Significant Pre-Employment Considerations Impacting Public Schools: The New Law on Criminal Record Expungement; Updating Application Forms; Criminal History Responsibilities; and Drug Testing” – December 13, 2013
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law , Panel speaker at student orientation – numerous
- Naturalization Ceremony Speaker, Indianapolis – (2012 (April and October), 2013 (August), 2015 (June)
- Indianapolis Bar Association
Vice President, Board of Directors
Member, Bar Leader Series Steering Committee
Bar Review Lecturer, Administrative Law
Member, Nominating Committee
Former Chair, Pro Bono Standing Committee
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Member, Litigation Section
- Indiana Municipal Lawyers Association
- Indianapolis American Inn of Court
- Indianapolis Bar Association - Bar Leader Series XII
- Stanley K. Lacy Executive Leadership Series
Graduate, Class XLII
- St. Mary’s Child Center
Member, Board of Directors
Co-Chair, Spring Soiree (2017 and 2018)
Former Co-Chair, Spring Soiree Items Subcommittee
- Storytelling Arts of Indiana
Past Member, Board of Directors
- Lockerbie Square People Club