Larry maintains an extensive business law practice with an emphasis in litigation. He has been practicing law since 1972. Larry was a partner and member of the executive committee of Shefsky & Froelich, prior to the merger with Taft in January 2014.
Larry has been awarded an AV® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethical standards and legal ability. In addition, he was selected for inclusion in Illinois Super Lawyers. Larry is a member of the Chicago Bar Association and serves on several committees, including the Evaluation of Candidates for the Judiciary, Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Judicial Evaluation and Reform and Bench-Bar Relations Committees.
Larry is a Certified Public Accountant. He received his B.S. from the University of Illinois and his J.D. from Northwestern University School of Law, where he was a member of the Northwestern University Law Review.
Honoree, Leading Lawyers
Honoree, Illinois Super Lawyers
All Service Areas
- Northwestern University School of Law (1972)
- University of Illinois (1969)
- Federal - 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
- Federal - U.S. Supreme Court
- Federal - U.S. Tax Court
- State - Illinois
- Representation of directors in a publicly traded company in litigation concerning allegations of securities and common law fraud.
- Representation of the owner of multi-million dollar mortgages in connection with several complex foreclosure actions involving well known projects in the Chicago area.
- Representation of shareholders in the restructuring of unsecured debt and equity interests, as well as a workout of the claims of secured lenders, in connection with a well-known company in the Chicago metropolitan area.
- Representation of members of the construction industry in connection with enforcement of mechanics’ liens involving significant projects in the Chicago metropolitan area.
- Representation of franchises regarding financing, construction, contracts and franchisee-franchisor relationships.
- Representation of both employees and employer in connection with matters involving trade secrets, confidential information and restrictive covenants.
- Representation of members of limited liability companies in connection with the creation, enforcement, and dissolution of limited liability company agreements.
- Representation of trustees, beneficiaries in connection with trust and fiduciary litigation.
- Representation of individual and business entities in connection with commercial transactions and contract.
- Representation in class action litigation involving employment and consumer interests.
- Representation of litigants in connection with fraudulent transfer litigation.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Lexwork International
Member, Governing Board