Lance focuses his practice in tax law. With over 25 years in practice as a tax attorney and an Ohio State Bar Association (OSBA) certification as a Federal Tax Specialist, Lance has developed a breadth of knowledge and experience dealing with federal and state civil and criminal tax issues for individuals, partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations, as well as for-profit and nonprofit entities. He also has significant experience in handling criminal tax controversy and civil and tax litigation matters.
Lance is a member of the Dayton, Ohio State and American Bar Associations, a member of the American Bar Association Taxation Section, and chair of the Dayton Bar Association Business and Tax Law Committee. He was selected for inclusion in 2012 Ohio Super Lawyers and has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2011, receiving the coveted "Lawyer of the Year" designation during three of those years.
He received his undergraduate degree from Indiana University and his law degree from the University of Dayton School of Law.
All Service Areas
- University of Dayton School of Law (1991)
- Indiana University (1988)
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - U.S. Tax Court
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- Federal - U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- State - Ohio
- AV Peer Review Rating (LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell) (Awarded)
- American Bar Association (Member )
- Dayton Bar Association (Member)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Dayton Bar Association Foundation (Treasurer Former )
- Ronald McDonald House (Board Member Former)
- YMCA of Greater Dayton - Camp Kern (Board Member Former)