Kiamesha focuses her practice in the areas of real estate transactions (acquisitions, dispositions, development, leasing, sale leaseback transactions, and real estate municipality work), real estate lending and commercial finance transactions, and related business transactions.
Kiamesha helps developers, corporate real estate departments, municipalities, tenants, and landlords achieve their real estate goals related to development projects, drafting and negotiating of lease documents, negotiating transfer documents, and ultimately getting the deal done.
Kiamesha has closed numerous SBA, USDA, and conventional commercial loans for commercial lenders and borrowers related to real estate, equipment, machinery, and C&I lending.
Kiamesha's extensive base of knowledge covers an array of commercial loan types, including government guaranteed lending, asset based line of credits, term loans, real estate transactions, and construction loans. Additionally, she has assisted banks with recovery of yearly financial documents, past due funds, liquidation, and government guaranteed purchasing processes.
Kiamesha also assists minority, women, veteran, and disabled owned businesses with attaining state and city certifications.
"Forty under 40" Honoree, Indianapolis Business Journal (2018)
Recipient, Indy's Best & Brightest, Law Category (2018)
Up and Coming Lawyer Honoree, Chambers USA, Real Estate
Distinguished Fellow, Indianapolis Bar Foundation (2016)
Top 40 Young Lawyer Award Honoree, American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division (2016)
Fellow, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) (2015)
Up & Coming Lawyer Award Honoree, Indiana Lawyer Leadership in Law (2014)
“Outstanding Young Lawyer” Award Honoree, Indiana State Bar Association (2011)
Bar Leader Series participant, Indianapolis Bar Association (Class X)
Honoree, Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2017 - present)
All Service Areas
- Indiana University - Robert H. McKinney School of Law (2007)
- Mercy College (M.S. Ed.) (2004)
- Manhattanville College (2002)
- State - Indiana
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- Represented a bank in connection with a $6 million loan for the construction of an industrial warehouse distribution facility containing approximately 132,000 square feet in Greenwood, Ind.
- Attended and received a Certificate of Completion from the National Association of Development Companies (NADCO) for its SBA 504 Loan Closing course.
- Represented a municipality in the sale of real estate involving a historical structure that had to be relocated.
- Represented a national lending institution in the financing of a $25 million student housing building. The University of Indianapolis broke ground on a four-story, 480-occupant apartment building designed to expand housing options for students. A joint venture with developer Strategic Capital Partners, the project is part of the university's plan to improve the campus experience while also elevating the quality of life in the surrounding University Heights neighborhood.
- Represented a national lending institution in the financing of a $28 million multi-family project in San Antonio, Texas.
- Represented a regional client in a large sale-leaseback transaction involving several parcels of industrial real estate located in varying states.
- Represented a regional lender, turned developer in the development of a large retail shopping center.
- Represented borrower in a $2.5 million SBA 504 transaction.
- Represented borrower in a $3.5 million SBA business acquisition matter.
- Represented borrower in a $4.5 million SBA 504 transaction.
- Represented lender in review of SBA files for audit preparedness due to an impending audit by the Office of the Comptroller for Currency.
- Represented lender in the review and revision to a franchise agreement for an entity not on the SBA’s Franchise Registry for compliance.
- Represented lender to developer on a multi-use project in Tennessee with TIF bonds as part of the funding and loan proceeds in excess of $40 million.
- Represented municipality in acquisition of land for the development of a fire station.
- Represented the buyer/borrower in connection with a $9.5 million dollar transaction to acquire two properties for the development of a mixed-use student housing project in Bloomington, Ind.
- Represented various lenders in numerous SBA business acquisition matters.
- Represented various lenders in SBA 7a and 504 matters involving the acquisition of owner occupied real estate.
- Represented various lenders in the assignment and assumption of SBA 7a, 504 and CAPline credit facilities.
Speeches and Publications
- "Virtual Women in Business Event: Why Business Relationships Matter," Indy Chamber, Nov. 12, 2020.
- "The COVID Pivot: Lessons from the Industry’s Historic Adoption of the Paycheck Protection Program," American Bar Association Business Law Virtual Section Annual Meeting, Sept. 24, 2020.
- "How Commercial Real Estate Tenants/Landlords are Navigating the Effects of COVID-19 in Their 'Renewed' Lease Negotiations," Indianapolis Bar Association Webinar, Sept. 16, 2020.
- "The Effect of COVID-19 Legislation on the Commercial & Bankruptcy Practitioner," Indianapolis Bar Association Webinar, May 21, 2020.
- "Paycheck Protection Program Loan Update and How to Maximize Forgiveness," YPO Gold Cincinnati Webinar, May 18, 2020.
- "Recent Developments under the CARES Act,” Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce Webinar, May 15, 2020.
- "CARES Act: Part 2," CRE Hot Topic Webinar, May 14, 2020.
- "Briefing Call: The CARES Act," National Creditors Bar Association, April 28, 2020.
- "Roundtable Discussion: Title 1 of CARES Act, SBA loans, and Disaster Loans," Indiana State Bar Association Webinar, April 9, 2020.
- "Understanding the Paycheck Protection Program," Indianapolis Bar Association Webinar, April 9, 2020.
- "SBA: What You Need to Know," Ontario Systems Webinar, April 8, 2020.
- "Real Estate Licensing: An Overview," The Law of Indiana Real Estate Brokerage, ICLEF Seminar, Nov. 13, 2019.
- "Handling the Closing: Critical Essentials for Smooth Transactions” and Post-Closing Procedures: Tying Up Loose Ends," Real Estate Transactions From A to Z, NBI Seminar, Aug. 1-2, 2019.
- Small Business Lending and Business Matters Panel, National Urban League Pre-Summit Panel, July 26, 2019.
- "Trying to Find Comfort. Letters of Intent and Similar Comfort Instruments - Enforceability and Related Issues," ICSC's OKIMP Retail Development & Law Symposium, Feb. 28-March 1, 2019.
- "Letters of Intent & Similar Comfort Instruments: Enforceability and Related Issues," ICSC Conference, October 26, 2018.
- "Real Estate Closings 101," Real Estate Law Boot Camp - National Business Institute, Aug. 2, 2018.
- "Overview of SBA & USDA Loan Transactions," July 18, 2018.
- "Letters of Intent," RESOURCE Commercial Real Estate – Monthly CE Training, June 27, 2018.
- "Representing Businesses in Transactions with SBA and Financial Institutions," ICLEF, June 13, 2018.
- "Letters of Intent," Indiana Commercial Real Estate Conference, May 4, 2018.
- “Letters of Intent and Other Comfort Instruments” ICSC 2017 OH, KY, IN, MI, PA Retail Development & Law Symposium, March 1, 2018.
- “Real Estate Due Diligence,” National Business Institute – Real Estate Transactions From A to Z, Dec. 4, 2017.
- “Management Agreements and Broker Law Updates and Minimizing Risk,” RESOURCE Commercial Real Estate – Monthly CE Training, June 14, 2017.
- “Ethics,” RESOURCE Commercial Real Estate – Monthly CE Training, May 10, 2017.
- “Top 10 Interviewing Tips and Guidance on Developing a Personal ‘Elevator Speech’,” Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, March 17, 2017.
- “Expediting Closing Times…Facts or Myths?” Indiana Commercial Board of Realtors, March 9, 2017.
- “The ABCs of Leasing Tenants with SBA Loans,” ICSC 2017 OH, KY, IN, MI, PA Retail Development & Law Symposium, March 3, 2017.
- “Real Estate Closings from Start to Finish,” National Business Institute, Dec. 1, 2016.
- “Letters of Intent and Similar Comfort Instruments: Enforceability and Related Issues,” Indianapolis Bar Association, Sept. 21, 2016.
- “Legal Descriptions, Title Insurance and Surveys in Real Estate Transactions,” National Business Institute, April 7, 2016.
- Indy Chamber
Member, Hispanic Business Council Executive Committee
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
Board Member (2020-2023)
Former Chair, CREW Network Committee (2018)
Former Co-Chair, Membership Committee (2017)
- U.S. Small Business Administration 504 Loan Program
Designated Attorney (2016 - present)
- Executive Women in Finance
- Indianapolis Bar Association
Member, Real Estate Executive Committee (2016 - present)
Former Member, Executive Committee, Business Law Committee (2009 - 2016)
Former Legal Line Co-Chair, Pro Bono Standing Committee (2014 - 2017)
- Tobias Center for Leadership Excellence Fellows Program
Participant, Class of 2019
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD)
- La Plaza
Immediate Past Board Chair (2020)
Board Chair (2019)
Executive Committee Member (2016 - present)
- Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
Member, Board of Directors (2016 - present)
- Indianapolis Cultural Investment Advisory Council
Member (2017 - present)
- Central Indiana Community Foundation
Member, Opportunity, Equity & Inclusion Advisory Council
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
Board Member, Alumni Association
- Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) Indianapolis
Local Advisory Board Member
- The Milk Bank
Former Member, Board of Directors (2014 - 2017)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
Former Member, Board of Directors (2006 - 2015)
- Flanner House
Former Member, Board of Directors (2008 - 2010)
- Indianapolis Commercial Land Bank
Member, Advisory Board
- Girl Scouts of Central Indiana
Co-Troop Leader (2016-present)
- Legislative Advocate for foster children