Kerry represents employers in a broad range of labor and employment matters involving unfair labor practices, union organizing, contract negotiations, arbitrations, employment discrimination, and other labor and employment related issues.
Kerry has substantial experience representing both private and public sector clients, including manufacturers, public schools and universities, and construction companies, in matters involving traditional labor law and employment litigation. He has handled hundreds of labor arbitrations and made countless appearances in litigation before the National Labor Relations Board and in state and federal courts. Admitted in four federal circuits and the United States Supreme Court, Kerry has substantial appellate experience in both NLRB and employment matters. Kerry has been lead counsel in multiple cutting edge cases in the D.C. Circuit challenging NLRB attempts to certify unions without a valid quorum. In early 2016, the West Virginia Supreme Court unanimously affirmed summary judgment for Kerry’s client in a sex harassment and retaliatory discharge case.
Kerry is a member of DRI and the Cincinnati Bar Association. He is also a graduate of the Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL), Class of 2006. Kerry serves as secretary of the Harvard Club of Cincinnati and is a member of the Harvard Law School Association. He was recognized in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business and was listed as an Ohio Super Lawyer 2016 and as a Super Lawyer Rising Star from 2005-2006. In addition, he was recently awarded a BV Peer Review Rating by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell.
Kerry received his undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan and his law degree, graduating cum laude, from Harvard Law School.
All Service Areas
- Harvard Law School (1996)
- University of Michigan (1993)
- Federal - 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - U.S. Supreme Court
- Federal - U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- State - Ohio
- Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL) (Member, Class of 2006 )
- Cincinnati Bar Association (Member, Labor and Employment Law Committee )
- DRI (Member, Labor and Employment Law Committee )
- Harvard Club of Cincinnati (Secretary)