Kenny partners with commercial real estate developers, investors, lenders, and privately-held businesses to ensure their unique ventures excel in achieving their goals. His practice is deal-oriented across multiple disciplines, including real estate, financing, venture capital and mergers & acquisitions.
Kenny's practice includes:
- Commercial leasing on behalf of REITs, landlords and tenants throughout the country
- Acquisitions and dispositions, and leasing of commercial properties, including retail centers, office buildings, manufacturing facilities and multi-family apartment buildings
- Financing on behalf of lenders, owners and business operators
- Family office and general corporate transactions
- Seed capital financing on behalf of venture funds, angel networks and companies taking such financing
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Integration of estate planning tools for asset protection, tax planning and generational wealth transfer
Kenny works with each client to integrate transactions into an operating business's long-term goals and strategy, whether it is the owner of real estate, an early stage company taking first-round financing, or an ongoing business focusing on growth.
Regardless of the industry or the issues at hand, Kenny's approach to clients is always the same: advise on the big picture, understand how it affects the client's business objectives and take all steps necessary to accomplish those goals.
Kenny was profiled in the 2020 issue of Leading Lawyers Magazine - Real Estate Edition article "Building Business Beyond Real Estate."
Honoree, Leading Lawyers
All Service Areas
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (2003)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A. (2000)
- State - Illinois
- American Bar Association
- Commercial Lease Law Insider Advisory Board
- Commercial Tenant's Lease Insider Advisory Board
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Political Science Department, Board of Visitors
- Chicago Artists Coalition
Member, Board of Directors