Joshua M. Borson
Josh is an attorney in Taft’s Mergers and Acquisitions practice group who focuses on transactional and general corporate matters. He is skilled in all areas of corporate law and leads mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private and public offerings, financings, and securities compliance.
Josh also provides strategic business planning and general corporate counseling on day-to-day legal matters, such as reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts, corporate governance, equity incentive plans, operating agreements, partnership agreements, and executive employment agreements. He represents entrepreneurs and public and private companies across a myriad of industries, dedicated to delivering sophisticated counsel and solving complex legal issues. Josh’s guiding principle is to provide a practical, proactive, results-focused approach to help clients achieve both short-term and long-term goals.
Recipient, 36 Under 36, The Detroit Jewish News (2019)
Honoree, Top Lawyers, DBusiness (2018 – 2019)
Honoree, Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Star (2017 – 2022)
Recipient, Up & Coming Lawyer, Michigan Lawyers Weekly (2016)
Recipient, Best Editor Award, The Wayne Law Review (2012)
All Service Areas
- Wayne State University Law School (2013)
Order of the Coif
Senior Articles Editor for Wayne Law Review
- University of Michigan (2009)
B.A. in Psychology and Academic Minor in Economics
- State - Michigan
- Federal - Eastern District of Michigan
Speeches and Publications
- “Four Steps to Mile Act Crowdfunding,” Michipreneur, April 20, 2015.
- Co-author, “Cybersecurity: We Are From the Government – We Want to Help,” State Bar of Michigan, The Michigan Business Law Journal, Volume 34, Issue 1, Spring 2014.
- Author, “A World of Infinite Domain Names: Why ICANN’s New gTLD Policy Inadequately Addresses Consumer Protection and Legitimate Trademark Concerns,” 58 Wayne L. Rev. 481, Wayne Law Review, 2013.
- State Bar of Michigan
- University of Michigan Football Alumni Network
- Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit
Board of Directors, NEXTGen