Josh K. Unice
Josh is an associate in Taft's Detroit office and focuses his practice on all aspects of business law. As a former professional hockey player, Josh understands the importance of hard work and dedication, which extends to his client service philosophy. He is a trusted advisor to his clients, providing them with high quality, responsive legal counsel to prepare them for success – now and into the future.
Josh helps with:
- Counseling companies involved in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and divestitures.
- Handling real estate transactions including property sales and leases.
- Advising on business issues such as entity selection and formation.
- Developing and reviewing franchise agreements.
- Drafting contracts, agreements, and other legal documents.
- Creating and administering estate plans, trusts, and probate.
- Providing tax planning advice.
Prior to joining Taft, Josh was an associate with a well-known regional law firm in Toledo where he focused his practice on business law, real estate law, and estate planning. Josh also has experience working with clients in construction and health care services.
Josh earned his J.D. from the University of Toledo and his bachelor's degree in criminology from Western University in London, Ontario. Throughout law school and today, Josh serves as a board member for several organizations.
While playing professional hockey in Australia, Canada, and Europe, Josh gained valuable insight into the local customs and business environments of various countries outside of the United States.
All Service Areas
- University of Toledo College of Law (2019)
- Western University (2014)
B.A. - Criminology
- State - Illinois
- State - North Carolina
- State - Ohio
- State - Tennessee
- Federal - U.S. Tax Court
- American Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Toledo Bar Association
- Toledo Estate Planning Counsel
- Wealth Management Society of Northwest Ohio