Jeff focuses his practice on commercial litigation and class actions. He represents clients in business litigation matters including breach of contract, fraud, trade secret misappropriation, and employment disputes. Jeff also represents municipalities in civil rights class actions and has substantial experience defending consumer fraud class actions and mass torts. In addition to his litigation practice, he counsels companies and entrepreneurs on entity formation and corporate governance issues. Jeff has represented:
- Pharmaceutical companies in MDL litigation and appeals stemming from personal injury allegations.
- Consumer product companies in class action litigation arising from allegations of false and deceptive advertising.
- A medical device company suing for breach of contract based on defendant’s failure to fulfill an indemnification agreement associated with sales of portion of client’s business.
- An industrial product manufacturing company in asbestos litigation in federal and state courts.
- An artist suing for breach of contract based on defendant’s failure to pay for artwork.
Prior to joining Taft, Jeff was a litigation associate at a large Chicago firm for four years. He graduated with honors from the University of Chicago Law School after receiving bachelor’s degrees in politics and history from Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa, where he graduated magna cum laude.
All Service Areas
- University of Chicago Law School (2009)
- Drake University (2006)
- Federal - 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
- State - Illinois
- Federal - Northern District of Illinois
- Federal - Central District of Illinois