As a partner in Taft’s Business and Finance practice group, Jeffrey advises clients on legal and business issues covering capital structure, transaction strategy and corporate governance. Jeffrey’s business experience and tax background allow him to serve as a trusted tax and business advocate for his clients, often bringing added value to the financial structuring and economics of the transaction.
After starting his career at one of the Big Four accounting firms, he was a partner at an AMLaw 100 firm and served as general counsel for a student housing developer. Drawing on these experiences and sharing in his clients entrepreneurial passion, Jeffrey provides practical and legal counsel working closely with his clients enabling them to make sound decisions.
Jeffrey’s practice includes:
- General counsel services covering all stages of growth from formation, operation, dissolution and succession planning.
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestures;
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances;
- Private equity and venture capital transactions;
- Fund formations and syndications; sponsor-level tax planning and compliance; and
- Real estate investments.
All Service Areas
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (2000)
- New York University School of Law (2001)
- Illinois Institute of Technology Stuart School of Business (2002)
- University of Michigan (1997)
B.A. economics; studies in religion
- State - Illinois
Speeches and Publications
- "Important Changes to Illinois LLC Act Takes Effect July 1st," Monday Morning Memo, Professional National Title Network Inc. (July 2017), Fox Rothschild Corporate Law Alert (June 2017)
- "Capital Conundrum: Does sponsor equity make sense to fund investments?" Commercial Investment Real Estate magazine of the CCIM Institute (Jan./Feb. 2017)
- "Series LLCs: Utilizing this structure partitions risk," Commercial Investment Real Estate magazine of the CCIM Institute (Mar./Apr. 2016) (March 2016)
- "The Pros and Cons of Series LLCs," Law360 (Nov. 2015)
- "Series LLCs: An Alternative Investment," Fox Rothschild’s Practical Advice (Aug. 2015)
- "The Rise in Business Identity Theft: What You Can Do To Safely Dissolve Your Business," Fox Rothschild’s Practical Advice (July 2015)