Jeff represents banks and lending institutions, developers, landlords, tenants, builders, contractors and all types of business owners. He has represented companies and lenders in documenting different types of transactions, including acquisition and development of land, shopping centers, office and industrial buildings, acquisition of businesses, development loans, construction loans and leases for various property types.
Distinguished Barrister Honoree, The Indiana Lawyer Leadership in Law Awards, 2019
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America® (2006 – present)
Honoree, Indiana Super Lawyers (2004 - present)
AV® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Top 50 Lawyers in Indiana Honoree, Super Lawyers (2015)
Honoree, Indiana Commercial Board of Realtors Counsel (2000 - 2013)
Honoree, Chambers USA Leading Lawyers, Real Estate (2003 - 2018)
Distinguished Fellow, Indianapolis Bar Foundation (2004)
Honoree, Who's Who in Commercial Real Estate (1998, 2002, 2011)
President's Award Honoree, Indianapolis Bar Association (2008)
All Service Areas
- Indiana University - Robert H. McKinney School of Law (1981)
- Miami University (1978)
- State - Indiana
- Counsel to developer on purchase in 2013 and subsequent sale in 2016 of industrial buildings containing 150,000 sq ft.
- Counsel to mixed use developer for $50 million project.
- Handled purchase of debt from a bank on large industrial flex-space, multi-tenant facility.
- Lender counsel to mixed use developer in Tennessee of $43 million.
- Lender counsel to multiple loans to nursing home and health care facility developer in Indiana, Texas, and Colorado in excess of $75 million in 2014-2016.
- Represented a developer on a multi-use project in Carmel, Ind.
- Represented lender in a loan of $37.5 million to a joint venture consisting of two Indiana developers and a national hotel operator for the construction of an urban hotel in a southern metropolitan city.
- Represented lender to developer on a multi-use project in Tennessee with TIF bonds as part of the funding and loan proceeds in excess of $40 million.
Speeches and Publications
- "Agency Law," The Law of Indiana Real Estate Brokerage, ICLEF Seminar, Nov. 13, 2019
- "Legal Topics You Should Know in 2019," Panelist, Indiana Association of Realtors Legislative Conference, Jan. 28, 2019
- “Drafting Letters of Intent and Purchase and Sale Agreements” and “Negotiating, Drafting, Amending, Enforcing and Reviewing Leases,” National Business Institute, April 9 and 12, 2018
- “Listing Agreement to Hire a Commercial Banker,” Indianapolis Bar Association – Real Estate Law, Oct. 5, 2017
- “Management Agreements and Broker Law Updates and Minimizing Risk,” RESOURCE Commercial Real Estate – Monthly CE Training, June 14, 2017
- “Ethics,” RESOURCE Commercial Real Estate – Monthly CE Training, May 10, 2017
- “Reviewing the Title Commitment: What to Watch Out For,” National Business Institute, Dec. 1, 2016
- “Turning Lien Subordination on Its Head: Is Turnabout Fair Play? Exploring Issues of Landlord Lien Waivers and Subordination of Landlord Interests,” ICSC – U.S. Shopping Center 2016 Law Conference, Oct. 27, 2016
- “Maximizing Title Insurance Protections: Essential Endorsements, Negotiation Strategies and More,” National Business Institute – Title Law Boot Camp Seminar, June 13, 2016
- “Ensuring Good Title to Assets, Negotiating Consulting Agreements and Non-compete Agreements,” Indiana Commercial Board of Realtors – Indiana Commercial Real Estate Conference, May 5, 2016
- “Structuring Real Estate Purchase Agreements to Avoid Unforeseen Consequences and Litigation and Commercial Real Estate Financing Essentials,” National Business Institute – Real Estate Transactions From A to Z, Dec. 1, 2015
- Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum on Commercial Real Estate, Chair, 2013
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Indianapolis Bar Association
Former Co-Chair, Capital Campaign (2018)
Former Chair, Nominating Committee (2016)
Former President (2014)
Former President-Elect (2013)
Former Vice President (2012)
Former Treasurer (2009-2011)
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation
Member, Board of Directors
Former President (2008)
- Indiana Golf Foundation
Member, Board of Directors (2015 - present)
- First Tee of Greater Indianapolis
Member, Board of Directors
Former President (2008 - 2011)
- Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America
Former Member, Board of Directors (1997 - 2009)
- Broadmoor Country Club
Former Member, Board of Directors (1987 - 1993)
Former President (1992 - 1993)