Jeff represents banks and lending institutions, developers, landlords, tenants, builders, contractors and all types of business owners. He has represented companies and lenders in documenting different types of transactions, including acquisition and development of land, shopping centers, office and industrial buildings, acquisition of businesses, development loans, construction loans and leases for various property types.
Listed, Best Lawyers in America®, 2006-2018
Listed, Indiana Super Lawyers, 2004-2018
AV® Rated, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
Named one of the Top 50 Lawyers in Indiana for 2015 by Super Lawyers
Listed, Indiana Commercial Board of Realtors Counsel, 2000-2013
Listed, Chambers USA Leading Lawyers, Real Estate, 2003-2018
Distinguished Fellow, Indianapolis Bar Foundation, 2004
Listed, Who's Who in Commercial Real Estate, 1998, 2002, 2011 (only years published)
All Service Areas
- Indiana University - Robert H. McKinney School of Law (1981)
- Miami University (1978)
- State - Indiana
- Counsel to developer on purchase in 2013 and subsequent sale in 2016 of industrial buildings containing 150,000 sq ft.
- Counsel to mixed use developer for $50 million project.
- Handled purchase of debt from a bank on large industrial flex-space, multi-tenant facility.
- Lender counsel to mixed use developer in Tennessee of $43 million.
- Lender counsel to multiple loans to nursing home and health care facility developer in Indiana, Texas, and Colorado in excess of $75 million in 2014-2016.
- Represented a developer on a multi-use project in Carmel, Ind.
- Represented lender in a loan of $37.5 million to a joint venture consisting of two Indiana developers and a national hotel operator for the construction of an urban hotel in a southern metropolitan city.
- Represented lender to developer on a multi-use project in Tennessee with TIF bonds as part of the funding and loan proceeds in excess of $40 million.
Speeches and Publications
- “Drafting Letters of Intent and Purchase and Sale Agreements” and “Negotiating, Drafting, Amending, Enforcing and Reviewing Leases,” National Business Institute, April 9 and 12, 2018
- “Listing Agreement to Hire a Commercial Banker,” Indianapolis Bar Association – Real Estate Law, Oct. 5, 2017
- “Management Agreements and Broker Law Updates and Minimizing Risk,” RESOURCE Commercial Real Estate – Monthly CE Training, June 14, 2017
- “Ethics,” RESOURCE Commercial Real Estate – Monthly CE Training, May 10, 2017
- “Reviewing the Title Commitment: What to Watch Out For,” National Business Institute, Dec. 1, 2016
- “Turning Lien Subordination on Its Head: Is Turnabout Fair Play? Exploring Issues of Landlord Lien Waivers and Subordination of Landlord Interests,” ICSC – U.S. Shopping Center 2016 Law Conference, Oct. 27, 2016
- “Maximizing Title Insurance Protections: Essential Endorsements, Negotiation Strategies and More,” National Business Institute – Title Law Boot Camp Seminar, June 13, 2016
- “Ensuring Good Title to Assets, Negotiating Consulting Agreements and Non-compete Agreements,” Indiana Commercial Board of Realtors – Indiana Commercial Real Estate Conference, May 5, 2016
- “Structuring Real Estate Purchase Agreements to Avoid Unforeseen Consequences and Litigation and Commercial Real Estate Financing Essentials,” National Business Institute – Real Estate Transactions From A to Z, Dec. 1, 2015
- Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum on Commercial Real Estate, Chair, 2013
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Indianapolis Bar Association
Member; Chair, Nominating Committee, 2016; President, 2014; President-Elect, 2013; First Vice President, 2012; Treasurer, 2009-2011
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation
Member, Board of Directors; President, 2008
- Indiana Golf Foundation
Board of Directors, 2015-present
- First Tee of Greater Indianapolis
Board of Directors and President, 2008-2011
- Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America
Board of Directors, 1997-2009
- Broadmoor Country Club
Board of Directors, 1987-1993; President, 1992-1993