Jaimin focuses his practice on patent litigation and counseling related to pharmaceuticals and biosimilars.
Jaimin has represented world-class pharmaceutical companies in various phases of litigation, including generic versions of: Abilify (aripiprazole), Pazeo (olopatadine 0.7%), and the isosulfan blue dye. He has extensive experience working with experts to develop scientific non-infringement and/or invalidity defenses, and drafting related reports. Jaimin has also assisted in all aspects of a preliminary injunction proceeding, including deposing a technical expert and drafting the appellate briefs.
Prior to attending law school, Jaimin worked at a large India-based generic pharmaceuticals company. As a manager in the company’s Intellectual Property Cell, Jaimin gained first-hand knowledge in litigation strategy and the business realities that inform company decisions. Prior to joining Taft, Jaimin was an associate in the Chicago office of Schiff Hardin LLP, where he focused primarily on Hatch-Waxman matters.
Jaimin received a B.Sc.in biochemistry from St. Xavier’s College and an M.Sc. in biotechnology from the Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay. His J.D. is from The John Marshall Law School, cum laude, where he received the CALI award in Professional Responsibility and International Law. Jaimin was a judicial extern for the Hon. James F. Holderman and the Hon. Virginia M. Kendall in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
As part of his pro bono efforts, Jaimin obtained a favorable settlement for a middle school student in an expulsion matter after conducting an evidentiary hearing in front of the Board of Education for the school district. Jaimin also obtained a favorable settlement for a plaintiff as part of mediation in a section 1983 case.
- The John Marshall Law School (2016)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (2004)
- St. Xavier's College, Ahmedabad (2001)
- Federal - Northern District of Illinois
- State - Illinois
Speeches and Publications
- "Must Whole Patent Be Nixed To Forfeit 180-Day Exclusivity?," (co-author with Steve Auten) Law360 (July 25, 2018)
- "Pulling the ‘Trigger’ on the Hatch-Waxman Act's 180-Day Exclusivity Using Inter Partes Review," The John Marshall Review of Intellectual Property Law (May 2015)
- "Effects of pH and Ionic Strength on the Assembly and Bundling of FtsZ
Protofilaments: A Possible Role of Electrostatic Interactions in the Bundling
of Protofilaments," (co-author) International Journal of Biological Macromolecules (2006)
- Chicago Bar Association Member
- South Asian Bar Association of Chicago Member
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago