Ian focuses his practice on business advisory services, risk management, general corporate law, commercial real estate, media law and mergers and acquisitions.
From 2007 through 2015, Ian was vice president and associate general counsel at Emmis Communications Corporation, a media company with radio, magazine and mobile device operations throughout the U.S. During his tenure at Emmis, Ian oversaw all legal matters for Emmis’s business operations (primarily radio stations and regional lifestyle publications), including litigation, labor and employment, intellectual property, contests and promotions, mergers and acquisitions, risk and emergency management and real estate. Prior to Emmis, Ian was an associate in Taft’s Indianapolis office from 2005 to 2007 and an associate at Ice Miller from 2001 through 2004.
Ian has served on the board of directors for Friends of Riley (FOR), Young Professionals of Central Indiana and Giving Sum. Since 2001, Ian has been a weekly volunteer at Riley Hospital for Children (Magic Castle Cart).
Ian received his B.A., cum laude, from Hanover College in 1998 and was a Horner Scholar. He received his J.D., cum laude, from Indiana University Maurer School of Law in 2001 and was a Chancellor’s Fellow. He served as managing editor of the Indiana Law Journal from 2000-2001.
All Service Areas
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law - Bloomington
- Hanover College
- State - Indiana
- Indiana State Bar Association Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association Member
- Young Professionals of Central Indiana (YPCI) Past Board Member
- Junior Achievement Indy's Best and Brightest Finalist 2010, 2012
- Friends of Riley Past Board Member
- Giving Sum Past Board Member
- Riley Hospital for Children Volunteer 2001-present