After practicing law in New York City for 11 years, Gerry joined Taft in 1987 and has been a partner since 1990. He has broad experience in advising corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships in general business and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments, equipment leasing, project finance, bank loans, asset securitizations, leveraged buyouts, and public and private securities offerings, as well as work with derivatives, including interest rate swaps and repurchase agreements. Gerry is admitted to practice law in the States of Ohio and New York. He was named an Ohio Super Lawyer by Cincinnati Magazine, listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business and is recognized in The Best Lawyers in America in the categories of banking and finance, corporate compliance, corporate governance, corporate, mergers and aquisitions, and venture capital law. He has been named Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" in Cincinnati for 2016 for Corporate Law and in 2009 for Banking Law. Gerry is past president of Adath Israel Congregation and former trustee and vice president of the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company.
He received his bachelor's degree from Dickinson College, graduating summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, and received his J.D., magna cum laude, from Harvard Law School.
All Service Areas
- Harvard Law School (1976)
- Dickinson College (1973)
- Federal - Southern District of New York
- State - Ohio
- State - New York
- AV Peer Review Rating (LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell) (Awarded)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York (Member)
- Cincinnati Bar Association (Member, Corporate Law Committee & Bar Admissions Committee )
- Adath Israel Synagogue (Past President)
- Cincinnati Shakespeare Company (Former Trustee and Vice President)