Erin counsels small businesses on government contracts law from cradle-to-grave. This includes interpretation of:
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
- State, county, and municipal regulations
- Uniform Guidance: 2 C.F.R. § 200 for grants and other specialized acquisition vehicles
- Other Transactions (OTAs or OTs)
- The Small Business Innovation Research/Small Business Technology Transfer Research (SBIR/STTR) programs
- Cooperative agreements
- Cooperative research and development agreements (CRADA)
- Other contracting vehicles
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) regulations and policy
With a particular focus on small business and innovative research, Erin works extensively with small businesses and their partners related to U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) regulations, set aside programs, and eligibility, size determinations, size protests, and appeals before the Office on Hearings and Appeals (OHA). Erin assists clients working in research and development (R&D) in understanding their technical data rights and rights in software (intellectual property rights) and, more importantly, protecting their IP rights when working with government funding.
Erin offers practical advice designed to comply with the ever-changing laws and regulations in increasingly competitive federal acquisitions. She assists clients in preparing and defending bid protests at the federal and state levels, contract termination proposals, requests for equitable adjustments (REAs), and claims before the Boards of Contract Appeals.
Prior to joining the firm, Erin was a contract administrator at the U.S. Department of Defense: Defense Contract Management Agency and served in senior administration for the Cleveland Public Library Foundation and the Cuyahoga County (Ohio) Board of County Commissioners.
Erin earned her J.D. from Case Western Reserve University School of Law, her Master of Public Administration from Cleveland State University, and her B.A., summa cum laude, from Kent State University. She holds a DAWIA Level II Certification in federal acquisition and contracts. Erin teaches Contract Closeout at the Nash and Cbinic Center for Excellence in Government Contracting, Public Contracting Institute. She is licensed to practice law in Ohio and the District of Columbia and is admitted to the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
Other Areas of Concentration: Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC), Cost Principles, the Buy American Act, Berry Amendment, Trade Agreements Act, End-user license agreements (EULAs) for Government end-users, Bid Protests, REAs and Claims, Disputes, Subcontractor Compliance, and Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Due Diligence.
All Service Areas
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (2013)
- Cleveland State University (2002)
- Kent State University (2001)
- State - Ohio
- State - District of Columbia
- Federal - U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- District of Columbia Bar
Member, Legal Officer (2017-2019)
- National Contract Management Association (NCMA)
Member, Dayton Chapter
- National Defense Industry Association
- Leadership Dayton
Graduate, Class of 2020
Board of Governors, Class of 2020 Representative, elected
Member, Leadership Dayton Alumni Association
- Junior League of Dayton
- Women in Defense
Member, Greater Ohio Valley
Scholarship Director, Greater Ohio Valley (2019-present)
- Boonshoft Museum of Discovery
President-Elect, Associate Board
- Dayton Live (formerly Victoria Theatre Association)
Trustee, Board of Trustees
Vice Chair, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Access (EDIA) Committee