Erin focuses her practice in the area of gaming, where she has experience representing national and international casino owners in gaming regulatory law as well as terminal operators, manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors under the Illinois Video Gaming Act. Erin also has experience implementing sweepstakes and raffles in accordance with state and municipal requirements.
Erin was previously an associate in the firm’s litigation department and has experience in a range of areas including breach of contract, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, professional negligence, and class action discrimination claims. Erin's civil litigation practice also involves electronic discovery and forensic computer analysis, including experience in e-discovery production, management, and review.
Erin received her B.A., magna cum laude, from Villanova University, where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. She earned her J.D., magna cum laude, from DePaul University College of Law, where she was elected to Order of the Coif and served as the executive editor of the DePaul Law Review.
Erin was honored as a Rising Star by Illinois Super Lawyers in 2017.
All Service Areas
- DePaul University College of Law (2007)
- Villanova University (B.A., magna cum laude, Sociology) (2004)
- State - Illinois
- Representing Terminal Operators and Establishments under the Illinois Video Gaming Act in administrative hearings before the Illinois Department of Revenue involving licensure and disciplinary complaints by the Illinois Gaming Board.
- Representing a publicly-held gaming company in the spin-off of its real estate assets and assisting a REIT in obtaining a gaming license.
- Representing the City of Chicago as Special Assistant Corporation Counsel in hearings before the Human Resources Board of the City of Chicago.
- Representing the State of Illinois Superintendent of Education in teacher misconduct cases before the Illinois State Teacher Certification Board and the Illinois Circuit Courts.
Speeches and Publications
- “Deposition Taking,” in Illinois Civil Discovery Practice (IICLE 2013) (with co-author)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Illinois State Bar Association (Member)
- Chicago Bar Association (Member, Vice Chair of the Gambling Law Committee)