Eric is a partner in our Lending and Finance, Asset-Based Lending, Mezzanine Finance, Real Estate Finance, and Bankruptcy and Restructuring practice groups. He represents lenders and borrowers in traditional and non-traditional commercial loan transactions, including asset-based, mezzanine, acquisition, construction, real estate, and government-backed financings. Eric also represents lenders and other creditors in workouts, forbearance arrangements, surrender agreements, and related matters in and outside of bankruptcy. Utilizing an extensive pre-legal career background in supply chain management and automotive manufacturing, Eric also works with manufacturing and transportation companies on supply/sale agreements, financings, workouts, insolvency proceedings, and a wide range of other matters tied to customer/supplier agreements and relationships.
Honoree, Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Star (2012-2018)
All Service Areas
- Wayne State University Law School
Order of the Coif
- University of Michigan, Dearborn
- Michigan State University
B.A., Supply Chain Management
- State - Michigan
- Federal - U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Federal - U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Federal - U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Speeches and Publications
- "The Absolute Priority Rule as an Absolute Rule: The Rejection of Secured Creditor 'Gifting' Under a Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization," Commercial Law League of America, Bankruptcy Law Section Newsletter, October 2011.
- "Second Circuit Holds that Section 502(d) Does Not Apply to Administrative Expense Claims Under Section 503(b)(9) of the Bankruptcy Code," Commercial Law League of America, Bankruptcy Law Section Newsletter, 2009.
- "Fifth Circuit Holds that Courts Should Consider Counsel's Lack of Involvement With Party in Ruling on Disqualification Due to Imputed Conflict," American Bankruptcy Institute, Ethics Committee, 2009.
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Credit Abuse Resistance Education (CARE)
Co-Chair, Detroit Michigan Chapter
- Federal Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Turnaround Management Association
Board of Directors, Michigan Chapter, 2016-present
- Turnaround Management Association NextGen
Founding Member of Board of Directors, 2013-2016