Doug concentrates his practice in the areas of patent and trademark prosecution, copyrights, trade secrets, agreements and licensing. Doug also advises clients regarding clearance studies for new and existing products, design-around activities, patentability of investigations, world-wide patent prosecution strategies, trademark selection and trademark prosecution strategies.
All Service Areas
- Indiana University - Robert H. McKinney School of Law
- Indiana University (M.B.A.) (1994)
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (B.S., civil engineering, magna cum laude) (1990)
- State - Indiana
- Federal - United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Responsible for prosecuting and managing large patent portfolios for international companies.
- Represents individuals in patent and trademark matters.
- Counsels clients in designs of new products to avoid patent infringement.
- Prepares patent searches and opinions to evaluate freedom-to-operate for client products.
- Prepares patentability assessments for invention disclosures and patent landscapes to evaluate patent coverage in selected technology areas.
- Counsels clients in trademark selection and filing of trademark applications.
- Represents clients in preparation of patent and trademark license agreements.
- Indiana State Bar Association (Member)
- Indianapolis Bar Association (Member)
- Danville Junior Basketball League (Past Member, Board of Directors)
- Jonathan L. Mitchell Memorial Foundation (Member, Board of Directors)
- Optimist Club of Indianapolis (Past President and Member, Board of Directors)