Doreen represents public and private colleges and universities on various matters, including Title IX litigation and compliance. She has substantial experience in traditional labor matters, including arbitrations, contract negotiations, elections and labor disputes. Doreen has handled hundreds of proceedings before administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the United States Department of Labor, the National Labor Relations Board, the Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission, and other state and local agencies.
Since 1988, she has advised and represented private and public employers in all areas of labor and employment law. She has a great deal of jury trial experience, and has tried many Title VII, Title IX and state law claims, including age, sex, race, disability and national origin discrimination, harassment, retaliation, defamation and contract claims to defense verdicts.
Doreen speaks frequently at professional seminars including the American, Ohio and Cincinnati Bar Associations, the Midwest Labor & Employment Law Seminar, the Cincinnati Employers Resource Association. She also presents training programs for management and human resources professionals. She is a member of the Cincinnati Management Lawyers Association and the American Employment Law Council, both organizations of senior management employment attorneys. Doreen is also an elected fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers.
She is listed in Best Lawyers in America and was named a 2017 "Lawyer of the Year" for Employment Law Management and in 2015 for Cincinnati Labor Law - Management. She is also listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. Ohio Super Lawyers 2017 rated her a "Top 100 Ohio Super Lawyer," one of the "Top 50 Women Attorneys in Ohio," one of the "Top 25 Women Attorneys in Cincinnati," and a "Top 50 Cincinnati Super Lawyer."
Doreen graduated from Canisius College and the University of Cincinnati College of Law, where she was Lead Articles Editor of the University of Cincinnati Law Review.
Listed in Best Lawyers
Rated by Super Lawyers
- Named 2017 "Lawyer of the Year" for Employment Law Management
Named 2015 "Lawyer of the Year" for Cincinnati Labor Law - Management
Listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2008-2017)
Honoree, Employment Law - Leading Lawyers (2014-present)
All Service Areas
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (1988)
- Columbia University (1973)
- State University of New York at Buffalo (1978)
- Canisius College
- Federal - U.S. Supreme Court
- Federal - 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- Federal - Eastern District of Wisconsin
- State - Ohio
- AV Peer Review Rating (LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell) Awarded
- American Board of Trial Advocates Member
- American College of Trial Lawyers Fellow
- American Employment Law Council Member
- Cincinnati Bar Association Member
- Potter Stewart Inn of Court Master of the Bench
- Cincinnati Zoo Member
- Contemporary Arts Center Member
- Easter Seals TriState Member, Board of Directors
- Ivy Hills Country Club Member
- Kellogg Woods Recreation Area Member
- St. Rose Parish Member