Derek is a registered patent attorney and practices in all areas of intellectual property law, with a focus on patent preparation and prosecution. He has experience in technologies such as medical devices, material science, electrical control systems, agricultural equipment and hydraulic systems. Derek worked for several years at Harley-Davidson Motor Company in the full vehicle test and evaluation group while earning his B.S. in mechanical engineering from Kettering University. He received his J.D. from Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law with a graduate certificate in Intellectual Property Law. Derek is an executive committee member of the Indianapolis Bar Association's Intellectual Property Section.
All Service Areas
- Indiana University - Robert H. McKinney School of Law (2014)
- Kettering University (B.S., Mechanical Engineering) (2010)
- Federal - United States Patent and Trademark Office
- State - Indiana
- Indianapolis Bar Association (Member and Executive Commitee Member, IP Section)
- Indiana State Bar Association (Member)