Dennis practices principally in the areas of:
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- Corporate finance.
- Corporate governance.
- Business law.
Dennis serves as outside general counsel to a number of privately held companies, providing counsel and guidance on matters relating to mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, risk management, business contracts, general corporate law, and shareholder conflict resolution.
He has years of experience representing clients in the architecture and engineering professions, helping them grow their businesses through acquisitions, obtain and manage financing, assess and implement corporate restructurings, manage their contracting process, manage dispute resolution, and structure and implement ownership succession planning and employee incentive arrangements.
Dennis represents private equity funds in connection with the acquisition and divestiture of portfolio companies in numerous industries. He also represents clients in a wide range of investment and finance-related activities. Dennis has represented investment banks and numerous public and private issuers in connection with the offer and sale of securities. In addition, he has experience working with private foundations and individual investors in connection with the review of, and investment in, private equity funds throughout the world.
Dennis is a certified Russian linguist and attended the Defense Language Institute School of Russian in Monterey, Calif.
Honoree, Rising Star, Minnesota Super Lawyers
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America, Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2020 - present)
All Service Areas
- Georgetown University Law Center (1997)
- Creighton University
- State - Minnesota
- State - Missouri
- Represents a national architectural, engineering and space design firm in connection with numerous practice acquisitions across the country.
- Regularly represents regional private real estate fund sponsors with fund formation and offerings, investment syndication, platform and add-on transactions, divestitures, reorganizations and recapitalizations.
- Represents one of the premier junior capital providers in the United States, which manages six separate funds with more than $1 billion in commitments, including debt and equity investments in more than 80 companies nationwide.
- Represented a large publicly traded beverage company in a $750 million acquisition of a juice drink company in the Ukraine - the largest transaction in the history of the Ukraine in its time.
- Represented a large publicly traded company in a joint venture involving operations in Jamaica, Trinidad, Puerto Rico, Barbados, Mexico and Guatemala to form one of the largest privately controlled companies in Central America.
- Represented a private equity firm in its divestiture of a leading provider of travel solutions for loyalty programs.
- Represented a national private equity company in a series of acquisitions of construction equipment manufacturing companies.
- Serves as outside general counsel to numerous early-stage, growth companies in a variety of industries with a wide-range of legal needs, including entity and ownership structure; financing arrangements; real estate arrangements; terms of employment; equity and equity-like incentive arrangements; and licensing arrangements.
- Represented registered broker-dealer in connection with a $3 million broker-placed Rule 506 private placement of securities.
- Prepared a $3 million Rule 506 private placement of securities for a private medical technology company.
- Prepared a $2 million Series B preferred stock financing round for a private company that designs and manufactures water filtration devices.
- Minnesota State Bar Association
Business Law Section, Past President
Business Law Section, Legislative Coordinator
- Connect U.S.-Russia
Past Board Member