Dennis L. Knoer
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- T (612) 977-8744
- F (612) 977-8650
Dennis serves as outside general counsel to a number of privately held companies, providing counsel and guidance on matters relating to mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, risk management, business contracts, general corporate law, and shareholder conflict resolution.
Dennis has significant experience representing clients in connection with the purchase and sale of businesses in many industries, including the following:
- Food, Beverage, and Agribusiness
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- SaaS Technology
- Automotive Dealerships
- Architecture, Engineering, and Space Design
With over a decade of experience representing companies in the food, beverage, and agribusiness industries with their M&A needs, Dennis has represented a large publicly traded snack, beverage, and bottling company in numerous business acquisitions in the U.S. and around the world, and helps nutritional ingredient and food production, processing, and distribution companies buy and sell businesses.
Dennis also has years of experience representing clients in the architecture and engineering professions, the SaaS technology space, and the automotive dealership industry, in each case helping them grow their businesses through acquisitions, obtain and manage financing, assess and implement corporate restructurings, manage their contracting process, manage dispute resolution, and structure and implement ownership succession planning and employee incentive arrangements.
Dennis represents private equity funds in connection with the acquisition and divestiture of portfolio companies in numerous industries. He also represents clients in a wide range of investment and finance-related activities. Dennis has represented investment banks and numerous private issuers in connection with the offer and sale of securities. In addition, he has experience working with private foundations and individual investors in connection with the review of, and investment in, private equity funds throughout the world.
Dennis is a certified Russian linguist and attended the Defense Language Institute School of Russian in Monterey, Calif.
Honoree, Top Lawyers, Corporate Law, Minnesota Monthly (2022)
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America, Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2020 - present)
Honoree, Minnesota Super Lawyers Rising Stars
All Service Areas
- Georgetown University Law Center (1997)
- Creighton University
- State - Minnesota
- State - Missouri
- Represents a prominent family office in connection with its M&A activities, including:
- Acquisition of a world leader in providing advanced intelligent solutions for integrated robotic automation and specialized material handling solutions serving the aerospace, medical device, marine/defense, nuclear, and industrial markets.
- Acquisition and divestiture of radio stations.
- Acquisition and divestiture of jewelry businesses.
- Acquisitions and divestitures of automobile dealerships.
- Divestiture of multiple SaaS-based technology companies.
- Represented a private company in connection with the sale of a grain elevator business.
- Represented a large multinational company in US food and nutritional ingredient business acquisitions.
- Represented a large publicly traded beverage company in a $750 million acquisition of a juice drink company in Ukraine - the largest transaction in the history of Ukraine in its time.
- Represented a large publicly traded beverage company in a joint venture involving operations in Jamaica, Trinidad, Puerto Rico, Barbados, Mexico, and Guatemala to form one of the largest privately-controlled companies in Central America.
- Represented an electric bike distributor in connection with the divestiture of a majority equity position.
- Represented a medical technology SaaS business in connection with multiple business division unit divestitures.
- Represents national architectural, engineering, and space design firms in connection with numerous practice acquisitions across the country.
- Regularly represents regional private real estate fund sponsors with fund formation and offerings, investment syndication, platform, and add-on transactions, divestitures, reorganizations, and recapitalization.
- Represents one of the premier junior capital providers in the U.S., which manages six separate funds with more than $1 billion in commitments, including debt and equity investments in more than 80 companies nationwide.
- Represented a private equity firm in its divestiture of a leading provider of travel solutions for loyalty programs.
- Represented a national private equity fund in a series of acquisitions of construction equipment manufacturing companies.
- Serves as outside general counsel to numerous early-stage, growth companies in a variety of industries with a wide range of legal needs, including entity and ownership structure; financing arrangements; real estate arrangements; terms of employment; equity and equity-like incentive arrangements; and licensing arrangements.
- Represented registered broker-dealer in connection with broker-placed Rule 506 private placements of securities.
- Prepared multiple Rule 506 private placement of securities for companies in the medical technology and other industries.
Huntrods, Knoer, and Ryan Named Among Minnesota Lawyer's POWER 30 M&A Attorneys
Two Hundred and Forty-Three Taft Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America® 2023
FTC Follows Through on Promise to Scrutinize Deals with Pair of Enforcement Actions
Thirty-Four Taft Minneapolis Attorneys Recognized in Minnesota Monthly Top Lawyers 2022
- Minnesota State Bar Association
Business Law Section, Past President
Business Law Section, Legislative Coordinator
- Connect U.S.-Russia
Past Board Member