Chris has over a decade of experience counseling clients on all aspects of real estate acquisitions, dispositions, office leasing, development, investments, and financings. He has broad experience advising on all types of complex commercial, communication infrastructure, retail, hospitality, and multifamily and single-family real estate transactions across multiple jurisdictions.
Chris regularly counsels tenants and landlords in connection with high-dollar commercial office leases in all major markets across the United States. He is also regional outside counsel to one of the nation’s largest communications infrastructure companies, routinely assisting the client with leases, easements, and fee purchases in the Midwest.
He also has experience handling the real estate aspects of complex business and commercial transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity matters, recapitalizations, divestitures, and corporate financings.
He aims to be a trusted advisor by truly understanding a client’s business objectives and strives to build long-lasting relationships that endure well after a deal closes.
Chris earned his J.D. in 2009 from the University of Michigan Law School. In 2006 he graduated from Michigan State University with two bachelor of arts degrees.
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law (2024)
Honoree, Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Real Estate (2020 – present)
- University of Michigan Law School (2009)
- Michigan State University (2006)
B.A., with honors, International Relations and Psychology
- State - Ohio
- State - Michigan
- State - Colorado (inactive status)
- Represent one of the nation’s largest real estate brokerage companies in connection with office lease negotiations (new leases, subleases and lease amendments) for its office locations nationwide, including in prominent, Class-A “trophy” buildings in major markets (e.g., New York City, Chicago, Washington DC, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Dallas, etc.).
- Represent one of the nation’s largest communication infrastructure owners, operators and lessors in connection with leases, easements and fee purchases, including all aspects of drafting and negotiating new agreements and amendments to existing agreements in the Midwest region.
- Represented one of the nation’s largest private companies for the simultaneous purchase and land swap of real estate with an adjacent property owner in connection the client’s expansion of a key distribution facility.
Speeches and Publications
Co-presenter, “The Complete Contract Guide for Real Estate Attorneys: Drafting, Review, and Negotiation Basics You Need to Know,” NBI Video Webinar, Nov. 30, 2021.
Moderator/Speaker, “Telecommunications Development and Leasing: If You Build It, Will They Come?” Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association 43rd Annual Real Estate Law Institute, Nov. 5, 2021.
Co-presenter, “Ohio Real Estate Closings from Start to Finish: Handle Real Estate Closings with Skill and Efficiency,” NBI On Demand Video, June 2021.
Presenter, “Not in My Back Yard,” Home Builders Association of Greater Cleveland Educational Conference & Expo, Dec. 2018.
Moderator, “Can you dig it? Mineral Rights,” Panel of industry professionals, 39th Annual real Estate Law Institute, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Real Estate Section, Nov. 2017.
Co-author, “Thanks for My CERCLA Liability, Dad!” Properties Magazine, July 2020.
Co-author, “Potential Transfer Tax + Real Estate Tax Changes on Entity Sales,” Properties Magazine, Nov. 2018.
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
2021 and 2017 Real Estate Law Institute Conference, Planning Committee Member
- Urban Land Institute
- Holy Trinity Catholic Church
- Avon Little League and Cleveland Diocese CYO