Christopher represents and advises developers, landlords, tenants, municipalities, health care providers, and a variety of private sector businesses in the acquisition, disposition, financing, zoning, operation, and management of commercial real estate. He also counsels clients in renewable energy projects, joint venture agreements, and public-private partnerships for real estate development and redevelopment.
Christopher earned his law degree from Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law and his undergraduate degrees in finance and political science from Indiana University.
Honoree, Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Real Estate
Honoree, Best Lawyers "Ones to Watch," Land Use and Zoning Law, Real Estate Law (2022 - 2023)
All Service Areas
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law (2012)
- Indiana University (2008)
B.S. in Business Finance, with Distinction
B.A. in Political Science, with High Distinction
- State - Indiana
- Counsel to a developer in the land acquisition, development, and financing of two market rate senior housing communities in the greater Indianapolis, Ind. area.
- Counsel to a real estate company in the sale of a multifamily property utilizing a partnership division and IRC § 1031 exchange and subsequent acquisition of a replacement multifamily property.
- Counsel to multiple developers in the land acquisition, development, and financing of residential neighborhood developments.
- Lead local real estate counsel to an international financial institution in a tax equity financing transaction for alternative energy investment in Indiana.
- Counsel to a healthcare provider in the land acquisition, development, financing, and reverse IRC § 1031 exchange planning of a medical office building in Fishers, Ind.
- Counsel to a developer in the negotiation of a public-private partnership for the redevelopment of real estate in Carmel, Ind.
- Counsel to a real estate company in the sale of three industrial buildings in the Indianapolis, Ind. area.
- Counsel to numerous multifamily property owners in the sale of multifamily properties in an aggregate transaction value in excess of $200 million.
- Counsel to a developer in the land acquisition, development, and financing of an office building in Carmel, Ind.
- Counsel to numerous landowners in the sale of farmland for development.
- Drafted and negotiated numerous commercial, industrial, and office leases on behalf of landlords and tenants.
- Drafted and negotiated leases, amendments, easements, and other industry-specific legal agreements as outside real estate counsel for a Fortune 20 wireless communications company.
Speeches and Publications
- Panelist, “2020 Vision Going Forward: How to See Yourself Through This,” Indiana State Bar Association Webinar (May 2020).
- Presenter, “Top-10 Contract Drafting Mistakes and How to Avoid Them,” Downtown Indianapolis CLE (November 2018).
- Presenter, “Top-10 Contract Drafting Mistakes and How to Avoid Them,” Indianapolis Bar Association (October 2017).
- Presenter, “Brewery & Distillery Business Entity Selection & Formation,” National Business Institute (June 2017).
- Presenter, “What Every Lawyer Needs to Know About LLC Operating Agreements,” Indianapolis Bar Association (October 2016).
- Author, "Planning Considerations for IRC Section 1031 Exchanges," The Indiana Lawyer (March 2021).
- Author, “Revisiting the Value Added Tax: A Clear Solution to the Murky United States Corporate Tax Structure,” 22 Ind. Int’l & Corp. L. Rev. 347 (2012).
- Urban Land Institute
Member (2018 - present)
- Indianapolis Bar Association
Member (2012 – present)
Real Estate Section Executive Committee Member (2021 – present)
Past Business Section Executive Committee Member (2016 – 2018) and Chair (2018)
Past Young Lawyers Division Executive Committee Member (2017 – 2018)
- Indiana State Bar Association
Member (2012 - present)
- MCCOY (Marion County Commission On Youth)
Past Board Member and Secretary
Past Finance Committee Member