Cam focuses his practice on representing municipal and private clients in navigating the myriad potential complications associated with urban infill and other redevelopment projects. Drawing on his legal and government experience alike, Cam possesses a depth of understanding about what makes a redevelopment project successful and works across various practice areas, including environmental, real estate, public finance and land use, to solve problems and ensure success. Clients also look to Cam for consulting assistance with redevelopment planning, strategy and policy matters.
In his time working for administrations in Indianapolis and Lawrence, Cam demonstrated success in executing transformative projects, including leveraging private investment through strategic deployment of grant funding, negotiating legal settlements, achieving environmental regulatory closure, acquiring and disposing of property, creating public-private partnerships, heading site selection and design teams for municipal projects and developing a brownfield-specific redevelopment loan program. Further, Cam conceived of and continues to execute on an economic development vision that seeks to reposition an aging industrial park in Lawrence into a district poised for positive new investment in skilled trades.
Governor's Award for Environmental Excellence Honoree, Land Use (2014)
Regional Recognition Award Honoree, Environmental Protection Agency Region 5 (2015)
All Service Areas
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law (2007)
- Wabash College (B.A., magna cum laude) (2004)
- State - Indiana
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- Federal - 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Developed new division to manage focus staff and resources on redevelopment efforts.
- Conceived of and developed Indianapolis Brownfield Redevelopment Loan Fund program.
- Leveraged more than $30 million in private investment on brownfield redevelopment projects.
- Developed vacant and abandoned property acquisition toolbox for city of Indianapolis.
- Directed acquisition of more than 40 acres of vacant industrial property.
- Developed and issued $1.2 million in redevelopment loans.
- Negotiated multi-million dollar settlement of environmental litigation in favor of city of Indianapolis.
- Secured over $1 million in new federal brownfields grant funding for city of Indianapolis.
- Conceived of and leads efforts to engage partners and implement Lawrence Trades District development plan for I-465/Pendleton Pike corridor targeting workforce development and business attraction around skilled building trades.
- Site selection and design lead for new Lawrence police station project.
Speeches and Publications
- Presenter, Environmental Protection Agency National Brownfields Conference Pre-Conference Workshop, 2015
- Indianapolis Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Seminar, 2015
- Panelist, Reconnecting to Our Waterways Economics Element Brownfield Accelerator, 2014-present
- Presenter, Local Initiatives Support Corporation Development on Tap, 2014
- Central Indiana Regional Transportation Authority
Member, Board of Directors (2016 - present)
Past Member, Strategic Plan Expert Panel, Commercial/Industrial Redevelopment (2017)
- The Base at Historic Fort Harrison Co-Working Space Advisory
Member, Steering Committee (2016 - present)
- Reconnecting to Our Waterways Economics Element
Past Member, Board of Directors (2014 - 2016)
- Groundwork Indy Feasibility Study
Past Member, Steering Committee (2014 - 2015)
- Bike Indianapolis
Board Member (2019 - present)
Avid Bicycle Commuter and Recreational Cyclist
- YMCA Indy Bike Hub
Past Member, Steering Committee (2015 - 2016)
- Meridian-Kessler Neighborhood Association
- Near East Soccer Alliance 8U
Past Coach and Volunteer (2017)
- Meridian Street Youth Soccer
Past Coach and Volunteer (2016)
- Indy Alliance