Brianna focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation. She represents creditors, businesses and individuals in litigation arising from commercial transactions, employment matters and warranties. She also represents middle market regional banks in commercial foreclosures, collections, bankruptcy and workout-related litigation.
Since 2012, Brianna has been selected for inclusion in Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars. She also serves the legal needs of the Chicago immigrant community by volunteering with organizations such as the National Immigrant Justice Center (NIJC), the New Americans Initiative (NAI) and Chicago Volunteer Legal Services.
Brianna received her B.A. from Loyola University in 2004, magna cum laude, where she majored in anthropology and spent a semester in Rome, Italy studying history, archeology and Italian. She received her J.D., cum laude, from John Marshall Law School in 2009, graduating in the top 10 in her class. During law school, Brianna interned for the Illinois Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty and compiled the only publicly available data on pending capital cases in Illinois.
All Service Areas
- The John Marshall Law School (2009)
- Loyola University, Chicago (2004)
- Federal - Northern District of Illinois
- Federal - U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Federal - U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of Illinois
- State - Illinois
Speeches and Publications
- "Can I get out?!" - Defenses to Performance Under the Uniform Commercial Code," Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Seminar, Chicago (August 2018)
- "Commercial Foreclosures, Commercial Evictions and Foreclosures: Best Practices and Notes from the Bench," Chicago Bar Association Commercial Litigation Section seminar, Chicago (October 2017)
- "The Seller Has Breached – Now What? An Exhaustive Look at the Buyer’s Remedies Under the Uniform Commercial Code," Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Seminar, Chicago (July 2017)
- “UCC Warranties & Remedies," Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Seminar, Chicago (August 2016)
- “Drafting, Negotiating and Litigating Warranties In Contracts For The Sale Of Goods: Considerations Under The UCC Article 2,” Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Seminar (August 2013)
- “Tips for Making Your First Public Appearance a Success,” American Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division (June 2012)
- “Tips for Young Associates, ”American Bar Association (ABA) Judicial Intern Opportunity Program Orientation Lecture (May 2011)
- American Bar Association Member