Brad is the partner-in-charge of Taft's Indianapolis office. He focuses his practice on complex transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, intellectual property licensing, as well as business advisory services and general corporate counseling for private equity funds, family offices and companies.
Brad also has broad experience with various financing transactions, including leveraged private equity transactions regularly representing buyers, sellers and management; venture capital transactions regularly representing investors and companies seeking financing; credit facilities, commercial loans (senior and mezzanine) and debt and equity securities offerings.
Brad has served as outside general counsel for several clients over his career, providing both legal and business advice. He regularly advises businesses of all sizes and industries.
Notable highlights include:
- Representing financial/private equity and corporate strategic clients in buy-side and sell-side transactions of all types, including senior and mezzanine financings.
- Representing private equity portfolio companies in all of their general corporate legal and business needs.
- Leading intellectual property licensing transactions from both the licensor and licensee sides.
- Leading debtor-side bankruptcy/workout transactions of all types, including acquisitions and divestitures utilizing Article 9 and bankruptcy sale processes.
- Serving venture capital and startup clients in equity and debt financing transactions of all types.
- Representing executives in equity compensation and employment-related agreements and plans.
Brad currently serves on the board of directors for the Economic Club of Indiana and is a member of the IU Kelley Dean's Council-Indianapolis and the Just the Beginning Foundation's Indianapolis Steering Committee. He is a past president of the board of directors for the Indiana University Kelley School of Business Alumni Association and is a past board member of Ovar’coming Together, Inc. and the Community Development Law Center. Brad is recognized as an Indiana Super Lawyer and was recognized as an Indiana Rising Star from 2009-2014. He is recognized by Best Lawyers in America® 2017 for corporate law and mergers and acquisitions law and by Chambers USA 2017 for Corporate/M&A.
All Service Areas
- Higher Education
- Energy and Regulated Industries
- Chemical Processing
- Pesticide Manufacturing and Formulation
- Renewable Energy Companies
- Health Care and Life Sciences
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Automotive and Transportation
- Nonprofit and Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Indiana University - Robert H. McKinney School of Law (1999)
- E.W. Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, M.B.A. (1999)
- Ball State University, B.S. (1996)
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- State - Indiana
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Economic Club of Indiana (Board Member)
- Indiana State Bar Association (Member)
- Indianapolis Bar Association (Member)
- Community Development Law Center (Past Member, Board of Directors)
- Indiana University Kelley School of Business Alumni Association (Immediate Past President and Past Member, Board of Directors)
- Ovar’coming Together, Inc. (Past Board Member and Treasurer)
- Just The Beginning Foundation (Member, Indianapolis Steering Committee)
- IU Kelly Dean's Council