- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- T (317) 713-3480
- F (317) 713-3699
Brad is a transaction attorney who advises clients on complex issues arising from mergers and acquisitions and commercial transactions. Brad’s in-depth knowledge of complex business transactions and successful track record assisting clients with mergers, acquisitions, and general business issues are among the reasons why he has been honored by Best Lawyers in America®, Indiana Super Lawyers, and Chambers USA: Leading Lawyers for Business for his work.
He serves as a member of the Distressed Company Task Force that was created to assist clients in every way, including in discussions with their lenders or borrowers and in addressing concerns over suppliers and stakeholders. Please reach out to him with any questions on how he can provide counsel during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Throughout his legal career, Brad has helped entrepreneurs, venture capital funds, and companies of all sizes successfully navigate complex transactions and business issues. In the process, Brad has gained experience advising on complex mergers and acquisitions, and joint ventures. Brad has also assisted with structuring equity and debt financing arrangements, resolving entity formation issues and carrying out early stage financing and leveraged buyouts. Brad has helped his clients structure numerous multi-million-dollar transactions.
In addition to his legal work, Brad helps a number of causes in the Indianapolis community. Brad currently serves as an Indianapolis Steering Committee member for Just the Beginning Foundation, which provides leadership programs and initiatives for Indianapolis-area schoolchildren. Brad is also a member of the Indiana University Kelley School of Business Dean’s Council, and has previously served in leadership and board membership roles with the Community Development Law Center, Ovar’coming Together, the Indiana University Kelly School of Business Alumni Association and the Economic Club of Indiana.
Brad earned his JD/MBA from Indiana University and received his BS from Ball State University.
Honoree, Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions
Honoree, Indiana Super Lawyers, Mergers & Acquisitions
(2015 - present)
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America (2013 – present)
"2021 Deal of the Year" Honoree, ACG Indiana Annual Awards, Representation of Buyer, Allison Transmission, Inc.
All Service Areas
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law (1999)
- E.W. Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, M.B.A. (1999)
- Ball State University, B.S. (1996)
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- State - Indiana
- Representing financial/private equity and corporate strategic clients in buy-side and sell-side transactions of all types, including senior and mezzanine financings.
- Representing private equity portfolio companies in all of their general corporate legal and business needs.
- Leading intellectual property licensing transactions from both the licensor and licensee sides.
- Leading debtor-side bankruptcy/workout transactions of all types, including acquisitions and divestitures utilizing Article 9 and bankruptcy sale processes.
- Serving venture capital and startup clients in equity and debt financing transactions of all types.
- Representing executives in equity compensation and employment-related agreements and plans.
Taft Ranks with 69 Attorneys and 29 Practices Recognized in Chambers USA 2023 Guide
Twenty-Seven Taft Attorneys Named to Indiana Super Lawyers 2023
Two Hundred and Forty-Three Taft Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America® 2023
Taft Ranks in Chambers USA 2022 with 59 Attorneys and 25 Practices Recognized
- Economic Club of Indiana
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Community Development Law Center
Past Member, Board of Directors
- IU Kelley Alumni Association
- Ovar’coming Together, Inc.
Past Board Member
- Just The Beginning Foundation
Member, Indianapolis Steering Committee
- IU Kelly Indianapolis Dean's Council