Brad concentrates his practice in the electro-mechanical arts, with particular expertise in medical devices and biologics, locks and access control devices, door closers, door hardware, magnetic position sensors and circuits, non-contact position and speed sensors, LED technology, vibratory parts feeders, vibratory equipment, gas turbine engines, metal formation and processing, and other electro-mechanical technologies.
Prior to private practice, Brad obtained over six years of technical experience as a mechanical engineer at a major tier-one supplier of automotive electrostatic paint application equipment and robotics systems.
- Prepared and prosecuted several hundred patent applications, domestic and foreign.
- Rendered numerous patentability, right-to-use and clearance opinions.
- Significant involvement in counselling of large corporate clients.
- Experienced in trademark application filing and prosecution, domestic and foreign.
- Responsible for intellectual property portfolio in several corporate mergers and acquisitions.
Brad received his J.D., summa cum laude, from Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law where he was the note development editor of the Indiana Law Review. He graduated first in his law school class and was the recipient of the Chancellor’s Scholar Award. Brad earned his B.S., magna cum laude, in mechanical engineering technology from the University of Southern Indiana. He received the President’s Medal, awarded to the top graduating senior, and was a student member of the University Board of Trustees. Brad is recognized by Best Lawyers in America®.
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America (2021 – present)
All Service Areas
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
- University of Southern Indiana (Mechanical Engineering)
- Federal - United States Patent and Trademark Office
- State - Indiana
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- St. Monica Catholic Church