Bethany is an attorney in Taft's Minneapolis office, focusing her practice on Employment and Labor Relations and Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation. Representing clients across industries, she brings an interdisciplinary approach to helping leaders navigate the employer-employee relationship.
On employment matters, Bethany advises clients on day-to-day and strategic workforce decisions. She provides counsel covering:
- Complex employee relations issues,
- The preparation of handbooks and handbook updates,
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII) compliance,
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) matters, including the development of state and federal compliant written programs, and
- Employment, separation, and non-compete agreements.
As part of her benefits practice, Bethany partners with clients in the design, implementation, and administration of single-employer and multi-employer plans. She is experienced in:
- Plan restatements, plan documents, and summary plan descriptions,
- Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor compliance,
- Defined benefit plan and defined contribution plan compliance,
- Severance plans,
- Qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs), and
- Group health plan compliance
Bethany earned her J.D. from Mitchell Hamline School of Law. In addition to being a former Taft summer associate, she previously served as a law clerk for a Minneapolis business and employment law firm. Prior to law school, Bethany was an HR Generalist handling employee relations, workplace safety programs, coordinating affirmative action plans, determining reasonable accommodations, and assisting in several reorganizations, acquisitions, and reductions in force.
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law
magna cum laude
- Metropolitan State University
- State - Minnesota