Beth brings extensive trial and appellate experience in both state and federal courts, and has tried cases in courts in Ohio, New York, Illinois, and Georgia.
As a partner in Taft’s litigation group, her practice is focused around business, commercial, legal malpractice, and election litigation. She represents clients in complex commercial, banking, employment, trademark, trade secrets, election, and shareholder derivative and fiduciary litigation.
Beth currently serves on Taft’s executive committee.
Experience highlights include:
- Serving as co-counsel in litigation by large bankrupt financial institution related to the valuation of interest rate swaps following institution’s bankruptcy filing.
- Defeating fiduciary breach claim brought by widow of deceased business partner and obtaining trial verdict related to valuation of business interest upon death.
- Serving as co-counsel in first election contest in the Ohio House of Representatives in more than one hundred years.
- Obtaining summary judgment on behalf of lawyers on legal malpractice claims with claimed damages in excess of $25 million.
- Defeating contract breach claims brought by a former member of major financial institution and obtaining settlement to enforce loser pays contract provision.
- Successfully enforcing arbitration provision related to employee’s claim for workers’ compensation benefits.
- Serving as counsel for judicial candidate in constitutional challenge related to the counting of provision ballots.
- Obtaining settlement for trade secret and contract breach claims from industry- leading aerospace company.
- Representing company and members of LLC in litigation involving fiduciary duty breach claims brought by former LLC member with claimed damages in excess of $30 million.
- Obtaining settlement on behalf of company related to former employee’s life insurance benefits claim.
- Representing national retailer in class action litigation involving false advertising claims.
- Representing a defense company on warranty breach claims with claimed damages in excess of $40 million.
Beth serves on the board of the Cincinnati Federal Bar Association, the Cincinnati Bar Association ethics committee and teaches election law at the University of Cincinnati College of Law. She is listed in Best Lawyers in America (Commercial Litigation) and is a Cincinnati Leading Lawyer for Civil Litigation.
Beth earned her bachelor’s degree in political science from Miami University and her J.D. from the Salmon P. Chase College of Law, where she served as an Associate Editor of the Northern Kentucky Law Review and graduated Order of Curia. Before graduating law school, Beth worked for the Honorable Steve Chabot of Ohio’s First Congressional District.
All Service Areas
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law - Northern Kentucky University (2007)
- Miami University (2000)
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- State - Ohio