Andy is a partner in Taft’s commercial litigation and environmental practice groups. His litigation practice is primarily in the areas of business, employment, and real estate. He has experience litigating disputes through all phases, including trial. He has litigated over 100 individual cases in state and federal courts.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Andy was an environmental specialist at a national EHS consulting firm. There, Andy worked primarily advising clients with regard to Clean Air Act compliance. Andy’s environmental practice focuses primarily on Clean Air Act compliance advice and environmental due diligence review for real estate and commercial transactions. Andy has experience advising clients with regard to real estate environmental investigation, environmental remediation, CERCLA liability, CAA compliance, and CWA compliance. Andy has worked with federal and local environmental regulators and their attorneys regarding compliance with environmental regulations.
Outside of work, Andy spends time with his wife, two boys, and two dogs. When he can, he enjoys fishing, chess, and camping.
Attorney of the Year, Minnesota Lawyer (2022)
Honoree, Minnesota Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Civil Litigation: Defense (2017 – present)
North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association (2020)
Honoree, Best Lawyers® “Ones to Watch” (2022 – 2023)
All Service Areas
- William Mitchell College of Law (2010)
- University of Minnesota (2004)
- State - Minnesota
- Federal - District of Minnesota
- Prosecuted business divorce on behalf of disenfranchised partner from complaint through trial securing six figure judgment, doubled, plus attorneys’ fees. Then, in a bifurcated second trial, before a different judge, successfully pierced the corporate veil of the corporation to hold Plaintiff’s former partner personally liable.
- Successfully defended former employees from trade secret and business tort allegations from complaint through trial.
- Achieved post-TRO dismissal in defending a group of employees from trade secret and business tort allegations.
- Secured favorable settlement terms in the prosecution of terminated minority shareholder based on the enforcement of oral contracts.
- Secured and worked closely with co-counsel to prosecute class-action Minn. Stat. Ch. 181 claims with over 1,000 individual class members.
- Defended summary judgment in prosecution of misrepresentation claims related to the purchase of investment real estate.
- Litigated and favorably settled with former employees who wrongfully terminated employment with multimillion-dollar real estate investment company under business tort and trade secret claims.
- Defended accused Doctor from sexual harassment allegations, reaching a favorable settlement after extremely adversarial litigation.
- Conducted post-judgment collection proceedings of large and small debts.
- Conducted dozens of evictions – residential and commercial.
- Defended nuisance suits against property management companies, collection agencies, and individuals.
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
Pro-Se Project Attorney
- Loaves and Fishes