For the third consecutive year, Taft’s Real Estate group has been ranked as the #2 Top Law Firm by Midwest Real Estate News in its “Best of the Best 2018” issue. The ranking identifies the leading commercial real estate law practices across 14 Midwest states based on the number of transactions and transaction dollar volume from the previous year. Taft’s Real Estate team of more than 70 attorneys across our offices in Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton and Indianapolis completed 2,550 transactions in 2017.
Taft’s Real Estate attorneys offer a full range of services related to the acquisition, entitlement, disposition, complex financing, leasing, management and use of real estate. They bring a wide range of real-world practical experience, coupled with an extensive network of real estate and financial industry contacts, to create successful outcomes for Taft clients.
Kathryn Kovitz Arnold chairs the group. While the majority of the Real Estate group’s work involves properties in Ohio, Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky, members of the group also have significant experience in transactions throughout the U.S.
Taft’s commercial real estate services include:
- Acquisition and development of real estate.
- Condominium de-conversion projects.
- Financing of real estate assets.
- Public and private construction contracts.
- Sales, exchanges and other dispositions of real estate assets.
- Real estate tax disputes and appeals.
- New Markets Tax Credits, Historic Tax Credits and Tax Increment Financing implementation.
- Annexation, eminent domain and land use issues.