The Greater Cleveland Partnership Tech Week 2020 will be held Mon. - Fri., Aug. 24 - 28. This year, Tech Week’s schedule of programs will be broadcast virtually, given COVID-19 concerns. Taft is one of the corporate sponsors of this annual event.
Taft partner Scot Ganow, co-chair of the firm’s Privacy and Data Security Practice, will participate in a half-day program, “Cybersecurity for Small-to-Medium Businesses,” on Thurs., Aug. 27, from 1:00 pm - 5:30 pm. The program targets business owners, CEOs, and other C-level executives. Relevant information and education about cybersecurity, including cybersecurity basics, cybersecurity insurance, the legal landscape/legal considerations, cybersecurity risks, and mitigation strategies will be presented.
Programs highlighting Tech Week are:
- Tech Tank: How to Reach Top-Level Technology Leaders
- Creating Tech Employment Pathways for Veterans
- Leadership in Tech: Perspectives from Northeast Ohio Women Leaders
- NEOTech 2020 Symposium: Cutting-edge Technologies, Artificial intelligence, and Robotics
- The Best of Tech Awards: Celebrating the Northeast Ohio Technology Community
- The RITE Steps to a Career in IT: Find Employment and a Fulfilling Lifelong Career
- Cybersecurity for Small-to-Medium Businesses (Taft’s Scot Ganow)
- Tech Views Through an Entrepreneur’s Eyes (hosted by the Akron-Canton Chapter of CompTIA/AITP)
- The RITE Summit: Hot Topics Shaping the Future of the Region’s IT Talent
To view the week-long schedule of events and to register, visit here. Some programs require fees to register, while others are free.
About Tech Week
Launched in 2011, Tech Week is an annual initiative to support and engage the local tech community through education, networking, and programming for entrepreneurs, executives, students, educators, and other stakeholders of the IT industry. Tech Week is organized by Greater Cleveland Partnership’s GCP Tech and RITE, The Regional IT Workforce Alliance.