The chemical processing industry plays a vital role in the global economy. Chemical processing companies create an immense range of products that find their way into every possible market segment. Yet, there is a great deal of pressure plaguing the industry, including consolidation of chemical manufacturers, low-cost foreign competition and regulatory uncertainty/increased regulatory requirements. Chemical processing companies must adapt to these pressures or face being left behind.
Our attorneys have significant experience working through challenges with companies in the chemical processing industry. We have handled complex cases, ranging from administrative proceedings to trial and appellate work. In fact, each Taft environmental attorney is a trained trial attorney, which enables us to provide our clients with sound business advice before problems arise because each attorney understands the litigation consequences of an incorrect choice.
Taft attorneys who practice in the chemical processing industry provide the following services to clients:
- Complying with EPA, DOT, OSHA and other laws affecting the manufacture, distribution, sale, use and transportation of chemical products and wastes.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts affecting chemical manufacturers, including purchase and supply, confidentiality and nondisclosure, packaging/repackaging and contract manufacturing agreements.
- Representing chemical manufacturers in civil litigation disputes, including disputes regarding allegations of releases of chemical substances/wastes, product failure/misuse, breach of contract and insurance coverage.
- Defending civil and criminal enforcement actions by federal/state agencies.
Representative matters for chemical processing industry clients include:
- Represented numerous chemical processing companies in nation-wide CERCLA litigation regarding alleged releases of hazardous substances.
- Represented purchasers and sellers, including private equity firms, of specialty chemical manufacturing companies and facilities.
Reinstated Superfund Excise Tax Now in Effect, but Questions Remain as to Calculation of Tax Rates for Certain Substances
EPA Announces Federal NPDES Permits To Require PFAS Monitoring and Additional Analytical Methods for PFAS
California AG Appeals Proposition 65 Compelled Speech Decision in National Association of Wheat Growers, et al. v. Becerra
Dicamba Update: EPA, BASF, and Monsanto Respond to Petitioners’ Emergency Motion in the Ninth Circuit
EPA Continues Aggressive Pesticide Enforcement: Amazon and eBay Ordered to Stop Sale of Certain Pesticides Claiming Efficacy Against COVID-19
EPA Releases Temporary Guidance on Respiratory Protection for Agricultural Pesticide Handlers During COVID-19
All Chemical Processing Professionals
- Jane S. Berman
- Gregory B. Coy
- E. Chase Dressman
- Will Gardner
- Ryan P. Hiler
- Timothy J. Hurley
- Gregory Parker Rogers
- Brad Schwer
- Brandi N. Weekley
- Amanda H. Wilcox