Zachary D. Eddy
Zach is an attorney in Taft’s Dayton office and focuses his practice on all areas of business law. He has extensive experience representing clients in corporate mergers and acquisitions and commercial real estate transactions, as well as negotiating and drafting various corporate transactional agreements. Zach also has considerable experience in corporate formation and governance matters, as well as personal estate planning and commercial litigation.
Prior to joining Taft, Zach was an associate with a well-known regional firm based in Columbus, where he practiced extensively in the areas of general corporate transactional matters, with a focus on pass-through entities, private securities offerings compliance, and mergers and acquisitions. In addition to his corporate experience, Zach represented individuals and companies in all sectors of the energy industry in transactional and litigation matters.
Zach earned his J.D. from Michigan State University College of Law and his bachelor’s degree in political science from Marietta College. During law school, Zach served as an Executive and Business Editor for the MSU College of Law Journal of Animal & Natural Resource Law. He also served as a legal extern for the Hon. Phillip J. Green, U.S. Magistrate Judge, Western District of Michigan.
Honoree, Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Energy & Natural Resources (2023)
Honoree, New Attorney of the Year Pro Bono Award, Legal Aid Society Columbus (2018)
All Service Areas
- Michigan State University College of Law (2017)
- Marietta College (2014)
B.A. - Political Science
- State - Ohio
- State - West Virginia
- Federal - Northern District of West Virginia
- Federal - Southern District of West Virginia
Speeches and Publications
- Presenter, “Preparing for Resource Negotiations: A Conversation with OhioLINK and our Contract Attorneys,” 2021 OhioLINK Membership Summit, May 27, 2021.
- Presenter, “Connecting the Dots: Probating Oil & Gas Interests,” 2019 Ohio Bar Association Oil and Gas Update, Nov. 14, 2019.
Eddy Featured in Alumni Feature for Washington State Community College
Thirteen Taft Attorneys Recognized in Ohio Rising Stars 2023
- Washington State Community College Foundation
- Hunger Solutions Mid-Ohio Valley
Board Member, 2020-2022