W. Timothy Miller
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- T (513) 357-9678
- F (513) 381-0205
Tim assists business owners, C-level executives, and boards of directors in restructuring financially distressed businesses. Tim also advises clients in managing their relationships with and exposure to financially troubled customers and suppliers.
Tim has over 20 years of experience in counseling financially troubled businesses; handling complex out-of-court restructurings, distressed asset acquisitions, and dispositions (including UCC Article 9 sales); advising suppliers, factors, asset-based lenders and capital equipment, and real estate lessors at the inception of the customer relationship and when the customer defaults; issuing true sale and non-substantive consolidation opinions for bankruptcy-remote entities; and representing major constituencies (debtors, official and unofficial committees, significant suppliers, and DIP lenders) in Chapter 11 bankruptcies. He is a member of Taft’s Distressed Company Task Force, which was created to assist borrower clients during the COVID-19 pandemic in every way, including how to navigate discussions with their lenders and in addressing concerns over suppliers and stakeholders.
During his over 20 years in practice, Tim has represented clients involved in a variety of industries, including:
- Automotive and industrial manufacturing (Tier I and II automotive suppliers, foundries and component suppliers).
- Commercial and multi-family real estate.
- Construction (commercial, public and residential).
- Consumer goods (retail chains, wholesalers, and direct sales).
- Entertainment and professional sports.
- Financial services (factoring, asset-based lending, asset securitizations, derivatives, and capital equipment lending and leasing).
- Internet (web conferencing and software development).
- Retail franchisees (convenience stores, gas stations, restaurants, and video rental).
- Telecom (competitive local exchange carriers, VoiP providers, fiber optics, and satellites).
- Transportation (flat-bed trucking and commercial vehicle and construction equipment auctions).
Tim is listed in the 2006 through 2021 editions of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, published by Chambers and Partners, the 2006 through 2021 editions of The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward/White, Inc., and the 2005 through 2018 and 2020 editions of Ohio Super Lawyers, published in Cincinnati Magazine.
Tim received a Bachelor of Music degree, cum laude, from DePauw University in 1989 with a double major in music and economics/management. He received his Doctor of Law degree from Cornell Law School in May 1992. While at Cornell, he was selected to serve on the board of editors of Cornell Law Review.
Tim is a member of the Cincinnati Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association, the American Bankruptcy Institute, the International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Professionals, and the Tri-State Association for Corporate Renewal.
Honoree, Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Bankruptcy/Restructuring
(2008 - present)
Honoree, Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation – Bankruptcy
(2006 - present)
Honoree, Ohio Super Lawyers (2008 - 2018, 2020 - 2021)
Honoree, Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2005 - 2007)
AV Peer Review Rated, LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell
All Service Areas
- Cornell University Law School (1992)
- DePauw University (1989)
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- State - Ohio
Taft Ranks with 69 Attorneys and 29 Practices Recognized in Chambers USA 2023 Guide
Two Hundred and Forty-Three Taft Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America® 2023
Taft Ranks in Chambers USA 2022 with 59 Attorneys and 25 Practices Recognized
232 Taft Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America® 2022
- Cincinnati Bar Association
Member, Bankruptcy Committee
- Federal Bar Association
Member, Bankruptcy Practice Group
- Ohio State Bar Association