Tom practices primarily in the area of commercial and bankruptcy litigation. He is also experienced in matters involving securities and banking issues, intellectual property, class action litigation and insurance issues arising in connection with commercial litigation. In addition, he is an approved FINRA Dispute Resolution Arbitrator. Tom is a past national president of the Federal Bar Association and is a former Barrister of the Potter Stewart American Inn of Court in Cincinnati.
Tom is a life member of the Judicial Conference of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit; a life fellow of the Ohio State Bar Foundation; chapter life fellow for the Federal Bar Association Foundation; and chair of the Scottish Rite Foundation of Cincinnati. He is past president of the John W. Peck Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Chapter of the Federal Bar Association and the Harvard Club of Cincinnati, and is a member of the board of trustees of The Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges.
Tom is a contributing author to AIDS and the Law (Wiley, 2d Ed. 1992), Federal Employment Litigation (Rutter, 2006 and subsequent), and Strategies for Employment Litigation ("Process Is Important: Alternative Dispute Resolution of Employment Disputes, " Aspatore, 2014).
Tom is AV rated in Martindale-Hubbell's Law Directory and is listed in Woodward/White's Best Lawyers in America, as well as Marquis' Who's Who in America, Who's Who in American Law and Who's Who in the World. He is a graduate of DePauw University (B.A.), the University of Kent at Canterbury, U.K. (M.A.) and Harvard Law School (J.D.).
All Service Areas
- Harvard Law School (1976)
- University of Kent at Canterbury (1974)
- DePauw University (1972)
- Federal - 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- Federal - U.S. Supreme Court
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- State - Ohio
- Federal Bar Association Past President
- Federal Bar Association Foundation of Cincinnati President and Charter Life Fellow
- Judicial Conference of the United States Court of Appeals for The Sixth Circuit Life Member
- Ohio Bench-Bar Conference Participant
- Ohio State Bar Foundation Life Fellow
- Potter Stewart Inn of Court Barrister, 1986-1987
- Art Academy of Cincinnati, Second Century Fund Special Gifts Committee, 1987
- Clermont County Board of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities Former Trustee; Levy Committee, 1996
- Felicity United Methodist Church Member
- Harvard Club of Cincinnati President, 1995-1996
- Joy Outdoor Education Center Former Trustee
- May Festival Associates Member, 1986-1987
- Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges Board of Trustees
- Scottish Rite Foundation of Cincinnati Chair
- Society of Bacchus Member
- United States Rowing Association Regatta Committee, 1995; Judge-Arbitre/Assistant Referee, 1993-1996
- WGUC Radio Community Board Member, 1984-1986