As a paralegal based in Taft’s Cleveland office, Stella collaborates closely with attorneys and clients on due diligence needs and matters involving four of Taft’s practice groups: Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, Health Care and Life Sciences and Real Estate.
Bringing significant big-picture, due diligence experience to each practice group, Stella's scope includes:
- Researching appropriate state statutes.
- Preparing documentation for domestic and foreign qualifications.
- Drafting incorporation documents, initial proceeding documents, amendment, merger, withdrawal, conversion and dissolution documents.
- Preparing schedules for corporate, healthcare, real estate and loan transactions.
- Drafting charter documents, regulations, shareholder agreements, operating agreements, stock certificates, stock powers, resolutions, assignment and assumption agreements and various other agreements.
- Preparing financing statements for finance, banking, real estate and merger and acquisition transactions.
- Reviewing and summarizing lien search results.
Supporting the Mergers and Acquisitions practice group, Stella oversees the formation of entities and entity qualification details as well as assists with transactional work involving entities, corporate governance and legal compliance. She has experience merging, consolidating and dissolving entities across the U.S. In addition, Stella supports Taft’s Mergers and Acquisitions practice group clients by:
- Maintaining annual corporate filings, document stock transfers and transfer of membership/partnership interests.
- Creating and retaining corporate minute books and stock records.
- Preparing Uniform Commercial Codes (UCCs) and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) business forms.
As a paralegal for the Private Equity practice group, Stella assists in the management of private equity funds and portfolio company corporate records in connection with mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and other strategic transactions.
For the Health Care and Life Sciences practice group, Stella oversees the multiple complex industry-specific documents needed for successful senior housing closings, including operations transfer agreements and purchase agreements to comply with various state regulations. Additionally, she reviews lease and/or sublease agreements, borrowers’ corporate loan agreements, corporate governance documents and assists in loan and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) transactions.
Stella plays a key role in supporting the Real Estate practice group. Her duties include working on corporate end-of-the-deal transactions, including purchases, sales, financings and associated estate planning issues regarding the formation and transfer issues involved in client transactions. She drafts resolutions, opinions and prepares and executes stock transfers.
All Service Areas
- Chancellor University (formerly Dyke College)
Bachelor's degree, summa cum laude