Shehla is a partner in the Private Client and Estate Planning practice groups. She focuses principally in the areas of:
- Estate planning
- Trusts and estates
- Nonprofit organization law
Shehla’s estate planning practice includes estate planning; drafting wills and trusts; trust and estate administration; business succession planning; and preparation of related federal and state income, estate and gift tax returns. She advises clients on estate, gift and generation-skipping tax issues, as well as income tax issues that may be associated with estate planning.
In addition, Shehla’s practice involves a significant amount of nonprofit representation. She has experience working with family foundations, private foundations, charitable trusts and public charities. She advises various institutions on tax filings and also drafts trust agreements, articles and bylaws.
Shehla successfully completed the Certified Public Accountants Exam and became a licensed CPA in the State of North Dakota. She currently holds an inactive certificate in the State of Minnesota.
Honoree, Minnesota Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Drake University Law School (1995)
- University of North Dakota (1992)
B.A., magna cum laude
- State - Minnesota
- Federal - District of Minnesota
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- State of North Dakota Licensed CPA
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Minnesota Society of Public Accountants
- Joseph C. and Lillian A. Duke Foundation