Sara focuses her practice on transactional, regulatory compliance, and reimbursement work for health care providers. She also counsels other health care clients, including research organizations and medical device companies. Sara has significant experience in matters pertaining to telehealth, Medicare, Medicaid, the Affordable Care Act, and HIPAA.
Prior to joining Taft, Sara served as in-house counsel at The Kroger Co., where she primarily supported The Little Clinic® and the Kroger pharmacy benefit manager. Sara was also formerly in-house counsel for a large, multi-hospital academic health system with numerous health care service lines.
Sara completed her Juris Doctor and Master of Public Health in health policy at George Washington University. While in law school, Sara worked at the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Office of General Counsel and also at the Milken Institute’s Center for Health Policy Research in Washington, D.C. Upon graduation, Sara received the American Bar Association/Bureau of National Affairs’ Award for Excellence in Health Law.
“Forty Under 40” Honoree, Cincinnati Business Courier (2022)
Leading Lawyers Honoree, Cincy Magazine, Health Care (2022 – 2023)
Ohio State Bar Foundation 2016-2017 Community Service Award for Attorneys 40 & Under, District 1
American Bar Association/Bureau of National Affairs Award for Excellence in Health Law (2010)
All Service Areas
- George Washington University Law School (2010)
- George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, M.P.H. (2010)
- Miami University, B.A. (2006)
- State - Ohio
- Federal - 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
Speeches and Publications
- Speaker, “Advancing Accountability and Equity Through Payment and Care Delivery,” American Health Lawyers Association Institute on Medicare and Medicaid (Mar. 2022).
- Speaker, “Advancing Accountability and Equity Through Payment and Care Delivery,” American Health Lawyers Association Academic Medical Center Conference (Feb. 2022).
- Speaker, “Telehealth in the Time of COVID and Beyond,” Cincinnati Bar Association’s Annual Health Care Seminar (Dec. 2020).
- Moderator, “Direct-to-Consumer Telehealth,” Telehealth Law & Policy Forum, Northwestern University Memorial Hospital (Sept. 2019).
- Speaker, “Innovation in a Nutshell: Key Recent CMS Payment Initiatives, Where They Came From, and What You Should Know,” American Health Lawyers Association Institute on Medicare and Medicaid (Mar. 2019).
- Speaker, “Innovation and Reimbursement: Chronic Care Management and Remote Patient Monitoring,” Cincinnati Bar Association’s Annual Health Care Seminar (Dec. 2018).
- Speaker, “Health Care Law: New Developments and Trends in Telehealth and Telemedicine,” National Telehealth Conference, University of Cincinnati College of Nursing (Mar. 2016)
- Speaker, “A Brave New World: Value Based Payment & Population Health,” Cincinnati Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Health Care Seminar (Dec. 2015).
- Speaker, “Insights on Legal Requirements of Nonprofits, Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers,” Cincinnati Bar Association (Sept. 2015).
- Speaker, “Telehealth Legal & Policy Challenges,” National Telehealth Conference, University of Cincinnati College of Nursing (Mar. 2014).
- Cincinnati Bar Association
Member, Board of Trustees (2016-present)
Vice President (2019-2020)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Foundation
- Leadership Cincinnati
Membership, Class of 44
- Beech Acres
Board Chair (2021)
Board Member (2015-present)
- Blue Manatee Literacy Project
Board of Directors (2019-2021)
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden
Ambassador Council (2020-present)
- Junior League of Cincinnati
Sustaining Member (2018-present)
Board Member (2012-2018)
Endowment Trustee (2012-2013)
- March of Dimes
Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Board of Directors (2014-2017)
- REDI Cincinnati
Board Member (2022-present)