Sara focuses her practice on corporate governance, transactions and regulatory compliance for health care providers, including health systems, hospitals, academic medical centers, pharmacies, and licensed independent practitioners, including but not limited to physicians, dentists, and advanced practice providers. She also counsels companies working in the health care industry, including medical device and pharmaceutical companies, medical staffing companies, and pharmacy benefit managers--and likewise, self-insured employers engaging in contracts with pharmacy benefit managers.
Prior to joining Taft, Sara served as Corporate Counsel at The Kroger Co., where she was lead in-house counsel for The Little Clinic and Kroger Prescription Plans, the Kroger retail health clinics and pharmacy benefit manager. Sara was also formerly Assistant and Associate General Counsel at UC Health, Greater Cincinnati’s academic health system.
Sara completed her juris doctor and master of public health at George Washington University. While in law school, Sara was the president of the Health Law Student Association and worked as a law student extern at the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Office of General Counsel and also at the Milken Institute’s Center for Health Policy Research in Washington DC.
Ohio State Bar Foundation 2016-2017 Community Service Award for Attorneys 40 & Under, District 1
All Service Areas
- George Washington University Law School (2009)
- George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, M.P.H. (2009)
- Miami University, B.A. (2006)
- State - Ohio
Speeches and Publications
- Speaker, Innovation and Reimbursement: Chronic Care Management and Remote Patient Monitoring; Cincinnati Bar Association’s annual Health Care Seminar; December 6, 2018
- Speaker, Health Care Law: New Developments and Trends in Telehealth and Telemedicine; National Telehealth Conference, University of Cincinnati College of Nursing, Cincinnati, Ohio; March 25, 2016
- Speaker, A Brave New World: Value Based Payment & Population Health; Cincinnati Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Health Care Seminar; December 10, 2015
- Speaker, Insights on Legal Requirements of Nonprofits, Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers, Cincinnati Bar Association; September 29, 2015
- Speaker, Telehealth Legal & Policy Challenges; National Telehealth Conference, University of Cincinnati College of Nursing, Cincinnati, Ohio; March 21, 2014
- Cincinnati Bar Association
Board of Trustees (2016-present), Secretary (2018-2019)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Beech Acres
Board Member (2015-present), Treasurer (2017-present)
- Junior League of Cincinnati
Board Member (2012-present)
- March of Dimes
Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Board of Directors (2014-2017)