Ron concentrates his practice on counseling nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations in all aspects of their organization and operation including tax matters such as unrelated business income, intermediate sanctions and joint ventures, governance, foundations, endowment funds, charitable giving and planned giving programs, fundraising and working with donors. He chairs the firm's Nonprofit and Tax-Exempt Organization team.
Ron also advises persons about estate planning and probate matters with considerable experience in charitable gift planning including charitable trusts and family foundations.
He received his undergraduate degree in accounting from Murray State University, graduating magna cum laude, and law degree from Salmon P. Chase College of Law, graduating magna cum laude, where he served as a member of the Northern Kentucky Law Review. Ron is licensed to practice law in Ohio and Kentucky and has passed the Kentucky Certified Public Accountants examination.
Ron is listed in The Best Lawyers in America, has been chosen as a Leading Lawyer by Cincinnati Magazine and has been listed in Ohio Super Lawyers. He is a member of the Kentucky and Cincinnati Bar Associations and is a former President of the Greater Cincinnati Planned Giving Council.
He is a frequent speaker on various tax topics concerning tax-exempt and nonprofit organizations and charitable giving, and serves on the Board of Trustees and committees of a number of nonprofit organizations.
All Service Areas
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law - Northern Kentucky University (1987)
- Murray State University (1984)
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- State - Ohio
- State - Kentucky
- AV Peer Review Rating (LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell) Awarded
- Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL) Member of Class V 2001
- Cincinnati Bar Association Member, Former VP Nonprofit Law Committee
- Greater Cincinnati Planned Giving Council Past President, VP and Treasurer, current Member, 2009 Voices of Giving Honoree
- Kentucky Bar Association Member
- Leadership Cincinnati Class of 2008
- Leadership Kentucky 1999 Class
- Leadership Northern Kentucky Member, Class of 2005
- Ohio State Bar Association Member
- National Association of Charitable Gift Planners Member since 1997
- American Heritage Girls Former Board Chair
- Bayley Secretary, Executive and Gift Planning Committees, Member of Board of Directors
- Children's Hospital Foundation Member, Planned Giving Committee
- Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra Member, Planned Giving Committee
- Cincinnati Zoo Foundation Secretary, Planned Giving Committee & Development Committee
- Cincy Magazine "Charitable All-Star" 2008
- Greater Cincinnati Foundation Governance Committee and Legal Counsel
- Highlands High School Former Board Member of Athletics Boosters
- Marvin Lewis Community Fund Advisory Board Member
- Prevention First Former Secretary-Treasurer
- ReSource Former Board Member
- Ronald McDonald House Member, Planned Giving Committee
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul Board Member and Secretary
- St. Elizabeth Medical Center Foundation Former Board Member, Planned Giving Committee
- St. Vincent de Paul Charitable Pharmacy Member, Board of Trustees and Former Board President
- Working in Neighborhoods ("WIN") Former Board Member, 2015 Hall of Fame Honoree
- Zoological Society of Cincinnati Member, Planned Giving Committee