Peter has represented clients in federal and state court lawsuits in many United States jurisdictions. He advises manufacturers, software companies, large commercial real estate developers, construction contractors, insurance companies and many other businesses in a wide variety of complex litigation matters. Peter is certified in legal project management and uses that knowledge to develop litigation strategies and legal fee estimates designed to achieve client goals and needs.
Peter also works as temporary “outside general counsel” for larger corporate clients who have a wide variety of legal needs to ensure the work is properly allocated and completed in the best interests of the client. He successfully completed a two-month working program on Legal Project Management from Legal Biz Dev.
AV® Rated, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
Listed, Indiana Super Lawyers 2006-2012
Listed, Indianapolis Business Journal's "Forty Under 40" (2005)
All Service Areas
- Tulane Law School (1992)
Certificate in Environmental Law; Tulane Environmental Law Journal
- The College of William & Mary (1989)
- State - Indiana
- Federal - Southern District of Indiana
- Federal - Northern District of Indiana
- Federal - Western District of Michigan
- Federal - U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- American Energy Services v. Elam (S. D. Ind. 2000) obtained a $2.1 million jury verdict for a California business for misappropriation of trade secrets and intellectual property.
- Babybacks International v. The Coca-Cola Company (Marion Sup. Ct. 2007) obtained jury verdict in favor of client in case where opposition sought $37 million.
- Broussard v. El Paso E & P Co., LP (S.D. Tex. 2014) obtained summary judgment in favor of manufacturer on all claims where Plaintiff sought $10 million in alleged damages.
- C&P Coal v. ConSol Energy (C. D. Utah 2007) obtained a confidential settlement for buyer of coal mine in breach of contract action.
- Decatur County Comm'rs v. CIND (US Surf. Trans. Bd 1999) restored rail service to businesses between Indianapolis and Cincinnati.
- Douglas Realty Advisors, Inc. v. Osco et al. (Marion Superior Ct. 2005) obtained partial summary judgment and confidential settlement after defendant spoliated evidence.
- FGHI et. al. v. Hofmeister (Marion Sup. Ct. 2008) obtained $12 million judgment in favor of client.
- Fiberlink v. Taishan Fiberglass, Inc. (Marion Sup. Ct. 2003) obtained a confidential settlement after siezing computers and making mirror image copies in a shareholder dispute.
- Hercules Machinery v. Unisto Oy (N.D. Ind. 2006) obtained confidential settlement for Finnish owner of patent and trademarks of construction device.
- InteleCom, Inc. v. Mongello et al. (S. D. Ind. 2008) obtained injunction requiring the return of 1.5 million shares of company stock.
- J&G Investments v. Fineline Holdings (N.D. Ohio 2008) Obtained partial summary judgment establishing liability in favor of investor for wrongful issuance of stop transfer order.
- Klipsh v. Prabakor (S. D. Ind. 2007) obtained settlement of trademark infringement claims on behalf of California businesses.
- Living Word Missions, Inc. v. Alanar (Sullivan Cir. Ct. 2005) obtained a class action settlement for three securities businesses and their officers and directors in a securities class action.
- Mazza v. Smith et al. (Marion Superior Court 1993) obtained punitive damages award for client in tort action.
- Pizza Express v. Pizza Head (S. D. Ind. 2007) obtained a partial summary judgment on behalf of a franchisee finding license agreement in violation of franchise laws, which lead to successful entry of confidential settlement agreement.
- Trench Shoring Services of Fl. v. Unisto Oy (C. Dist. Fl. 2007) obtained a confidential settlement for Finnish owner of patent and trademarks of construction device.
- US Midways et al. v. Balcor et al (Marion Sup. Ct. 2004) obtained a class action settlement for tenants of Union Station in action alleging misuse of tenant monies and mismanagement.
- Virginia Brougher et al. v. Firstmark et al. (RICO Class action involving the sale of debenture bonds) -- claim for more than $100 million. Client entered into favorable settlement for an undisclosed and confidential amount.
Speeches and Publications
- “The Future is Now.... How the Effects of E-Filing Affect Small, Medium & Large Firms,” Indiana State Bar Association Annual Meeting, Sept. 28, 2017
- “Advanced Civil Litigation Skills,” National Business Institute Conference, Dec. 15, 2016
- Resolving Business Disputes,” Sept. 18, 2015
- “Top Trial Tips from 2014,” May 8, 2015
- “Legal Project Management: A Growing Trend in the Legal Field,” CCLS Education Meeting, May 2015
- Indiana State Bar Association
Member; Past Member of Grievance Committee
- Indianapolis Bar Association
Member, Legal Services Advisory Committee
- American Bar Association
Member, Trial Practice Committee
- Federal Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation
- The Penrod Society
Member, 1995-present; Board of Directors, 2009-2010; President, 2006
- Park Tudor School
Alumni Association, Board Member 2010-2013; Past Member, 2005-2007; Treasurer 2006-2007
- Stanley K. Lacy Leadership Series
Member and Graduate
- Stacey Toran Foundation
Member, Board of Directors, 2005-2007