Mira is an associate in Taft's Compliance, Investigations, and White Collar Defense practice group. She focuses her practice on internal corporate investigations and defending companies and individuals in criminal and administrative matters involving the DOJ, FBI, SEC, FINRA, FDA, IRS, HHS, OSHA, Ohio Attorney’s General Office, U.S. Postal Inspection Service, and other federal and state investigative agencies. Mira routinely represents clients in white-collar matters involving public corruption, securities fraud, health care fraud, bank fraud, tax fraud, money laundering, conspiracy, among other federal and state violations. Prior to joining Taft, Mira practiced at a well-known regional law firm in Cleveland.
Prior to law school, Mira worked in accounting at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and for an Am Law 200 Cleveland law firm. This accounting experience currently assists her in matters involving financial fraud and corporate internal investigations due to her ability to analyze business financial statements. She also has experience as a legal extern for the Federal Trade Commission, Bureau of Consumer Protection.
Mira earned her J.D., cum laude, from the Cleveland State University College of Law, where she served as a Managing Editor of the Cleveland State Law Review and the Secretary of the Student Animal Legal Defense Fund. She earned her bachelor's degree in accounting from Case Western Reserve University.
Honoree, Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Criminal Defense: White-Collar (2021 - present)
CALI Excellence for the Future Award
All Service Areas
- Cleveland State University College of Law (2018)
Managing Editor, Cleveland State Law Review
Secretary, Student Animal Legal Defense Fund
- Case Western Reserve University (2012)
B.S. - Accounting
- State - Ohio
- Federal - Northern District of Ohio
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
Speeches and Publications
- Speaker, "Public Corruption Scandal," Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Sept. 9, 2021.
- Co-Author, "Governmental Investigations—Are You Covered?" Insurance Recovery Newsletter Vol. XXVI 2021.
Key Takeaways from the American Bar Association’s 38th Annual National Institute on White Collar Crime
Thirteen Taft Attorneys Recognized in Ohio Rising Stars 2023
- Women’s White Collar Defense Association
Ohio Chapter Leader
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Vice-Chair, Young Lawyers Section
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation
- Federal Bar Association
- Legal Aid Society of Cleveland