Michael represents business clients in a broad range of areas and with respect to varied transactions, including the following:
- Stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions
- Debt and equity issuances
- Venture loan transactions
- Entity formation
- Employment Agreements
- Contract preparation and review, including commercial contracts, private label manufacturing agreements, license agreements, operating agreements, partnership agreements, and shareholder agreements.
Michael also represents lenders and borrowers in connection with revolving and term loan facilities and has advised numerous purchasers in connection with bankruptcy-related acquisitions.
Michael received his B.A., with highest honors, from DePaul University where he was a member of Phi Eta Sigma and Alpha Lambda Delta honoraries. He earned his J.D., with honors, from Duke University College of Law.
Honoree, Leading Lawyers (2014 - present)
Honoree, Illinois Super Lawyers, Business/Corporate (2018 - present)
All Service Areas
- Duke University School of Law (1985)
- B.A., DePaul University (1982)
- Federal - Northern District of Illinois
- State - Illinois
- A national steel manufacturing and processing company
- A company specializing in venture funding transactions
- A wholesale meat processing company
- A company providing home healthcare services in multiple states
- A national food manufacturing company
- Multiple real estate development companies
- A company specializing in the manufacture of custom machinery
- A warranty service provider
- Several nursing care centers
- A company specializing in the provision of temporary labor services
- Multiple internet based service providers
- Multiple local businesses, including restaurants, construction companies, mortgage lenders, courier companies and local banks
Speeches and Publications
"Construction Business in Illinois," Illinois Construction Law Manual (Thomson West, 2008)
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Alternatives, Inc.