Okun focuses her practice on counseling nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations and on estate planning for high net-worth families. To assist her clients, Okun offers counsel on tax issues, as well as business succession planning and estate administration. High-net-worth individuals and families trust Megan to compassionately oversee some of their most sensitive and confidential issues. She has experience working in probate and trust administration and is committed to helping her clients prepare for the future.
Given her knowledge and experience with international and transactional tax law, Megan helps nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations navigate all tax and governance aspects of their organizations and operations. She guides them through the nuances of joint ventures, private foundations and foundation management and fundraising, endowment fund strategies, charitable and planned giving program criteria, and working with donors.
Megan received her undergraduate degree from Clemson University, magna cum laude and an M.A. from The Ohio State University. She earned her J.D., magna cum laude, from Indiana University Maurer School of Law. She was a member of the Order of the Coif and served the Executive Articles Editor for the Indiana Law Journal. She remains an active alumna, serving in leadership capacities for the Indiana Young Alumni Steering Committee. Prior to joining Taft in 2017, Megan was an associate in a Chicago AmLaw 100 firm.
All Service Areas
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law - Bloomington (2013)
- The Ohio State University, M.A.
- Clemson University, B.A.
- State - Illinois
- State - Ohio
Speeches and Publications
- "The Basics of a Nonprofit Organization," Cincinnati Bar Association, Feb. 19, 2019
- "Charitable Gift Planning" presentation (CLE), St. Vincent de Paul – Dayton, November 16, 2018
- "The Dilemma of Transferability of Mortgage Loans," New York Law Journal, April 2, 2015
- Cincinnati Estate Planning Council
- Greater Cincinnati Planned Giving Council
- Indiana University Young Alumni
Member, Cincinnati Chapter
Member, Steering Committee
- University of Cincinnati College of Law
- Cincinnati Observatory
Member, Development Committee