Megan manages business development and marketing activities for Taft’s Cleveland office and the Litigation and Higher Education practice groups. As a business development director, she supports more than 225 attorneys and professionals in both the Cleveland office and across her assigned practice areas to drive client opportunities and overall firm growth. In her prior role at Taft, Megan also supported the Tax, Domestic Relations, and Technology practice groups.
Her responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing marketing activities for the Cleveland office, including sponsorships, events, local advertising, promotional needs, and other corporate communication initiatives.
- Creating collateral materials and responding to requests for proposals for select practice groups.
- Managing the Cleveland office and two practice group budgets.
- Working with practice leaders to develop and plan quarterly practice and sub-practice group meetings.
- Assisting with individual attorney and practice group business development plans.
- Supporting brand-building initiatives and corporate identity standards.
- Building and maintaining media and community relations.
- Enhancing website and external communication.
In addition to her practice group responsibilities, Megan manages the marketing efforts of Taft’s Gender Advancement Committee. Working closely with the Gender Advancement Committee co-chairs and committee members, Megan supports the firm’s mission of developing, promoting, and advancing women attorneys within Taft, the legal profession, and the community. Taft has consistently been ranked among the “Best Law Firms for Women” by Seramount (formerly Working Mother Media).
Megan has worked in the legal marketing field for more than 15 years. Prior to joining Taft in 2019, she served in business development roles at two international law firms consistently ranked in the top 10 of the Am Law 100.
Megan received her B.S. in journalism from Ohio University. She is a member of the Legal Marketing Association.
- Ohio University (2004)
B.S. – Journalism
- Legal Marketing Association
- Friends of the Shaker Library