Mary advises clients on the complex issues that arise with trusts and estates. In her 30 years of experience, Mary has established herself as an invaluable resource for families, business owners, executives, wealth managers, accountants, insurance advisors, bank trust officers and other clients who have specific trust and estate questions. Her accomplishments and keen grasp of trust and estate issues are among the reasons why she has been honored for her work in trust and estate law by Leading Lawyers and Best Lawyers in America.
In her day-to-day practice, Mary advises clients on issues involving wills, estate planning, health care advance directives, estate and gift tax planning, and financial powers of attorney. She also advises her clients on issues involving charitable planning, private foundations, and trust and estate administration. Some of the strategies that Mary uses to help her clients include forming GRATs, family limited partnerships, limited liability companies and dynasty trusts. Mary began her legal career as an assistant trust counsel for a major regional bank and regularly draws upon this experience when advising clients.
Mary also plays an active role in her community. She currently serves as immediate past chair of the board of trustees for the Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired, which helps create opportunities for blind and visually-impaired individuals in the Cincinnati area. She also volunteers as a tutor at Rothenberg Preparatory Academy.
Mary earned her J.D. from the University of Cincinnati College of Law and received her B.S. in finance from Miami University in Ohio.
Honoree, Trusts & Estates Law - Best Lawyers in America® (2008-present)
Honoree, Trust - Leading Lawyers (2018)
All Service Areas
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (1987)
- Miami University (1984)
- Federal - Southern District of Ohio
- State - Ohio
- State - Kentucky
- Cincinnati Bar Association Member, Probate, Trusts & Estates Section
- Cincinnati Estate Planning Council Member
- Estate Planning Council of Northern Kentucky Member
- Greater Cincinnati Planned Giving Council Member
- Kentucky Bar Association Member
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association Estate Planning & Probate Section
- Women Estate Planners of Cincinnati Member
- Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Immediate Past Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Greater Cincinnati Foundation Member, Financial Advisory Network